PDA

View Full Version : Curio and Relic pistols

DD698
August 15, 2002, 02:10 PM
Harley: Do you know any site or source that one may purchase a half-way decent shooting pistol with a C and R license?I have heard some stories about people getting ripped off. Any advice or suggestion from you will be appreciated.

fed168
August 15, 2002, 02:21 PM
AIM surplus has some on their site.

johnwill
August 15, 2002, 03:07 PM
There are lots of possibilities, but you do have to remember that most C&R pistols are more than 50 years old, some are closer to 100 years old! Given that fact, if you're looking for a shooter, my advice is to shop carefully, and maybe try at local stores and gunshows where you can examine the gun in person...

Walt Sherrill
August 15, 2002, 03:34 PM
Sistema (systemas), some WWII P-38s, many Lugers, some of the Star Model Bs, older Stars, many S&W pistols, many 1911s, and bunches of other pistols are C&R eligible. Some folks like the CZ-52s, (I don't) and the East German Makarov (I do), and the CZ-50s, to name a few. All are arguably good guns.

AIM surplus is a good source, as is Empire Arms. (Do a search on these names.)

Century Arms sometimes has good guns for lower prices, but its a real crapshoot when dealing with them.

Go to WWW.Makarov.com or WWW.CRUFFLER.COM for links.

DD698
August 15, 2002, 05:57 PM
Thanks fellow TFLrs:I dont have any old arms for sale. My oldest pistol is a 70s series Colt[GILES] 45ACP. It is a tack driver. Also have some 70s vintage Hi std 22s and a new P239 Sig in the 40. Thanks again

James K
August 16, 2002, 11:00 PM
I never did well in math, but 50 years ago would have been 1952, so C&R would include ALL WWII production firearms.

Jim

foxfire
August 17, 2002, 05:44 AM
SOG (Southern Ohio Guns) and FAC (Federal Arms Corp.)
are a couple of others that I have dealt with some success.
Gun auction sites (GunBroker & AuctionArms) are another
sources to consider, but:

Caveat Emptor!

Face to face (and handling) with private collectors/dealers at
gunshows or shops is preferred, but not always possible.

good luck!

have tape, and always looking for a relic...