PDA

View Full Version : Disass'y of Remington Nylon 66?

JNewell
July 24, 2002, 05:50 AM
Just bought one and am wondering if anyone has field and detail strip instructions or suggestions on these?

Also grateful for any tips on parts that may be easily broken. I see the several parts appear to be made of plastic -- what a shock! :D Also, what parts should I think about keeping around as spares in case something does break in ordinary use?

Many thanks from me and my boys for any assistance!

Harley Nolden
July 24, 2002, 06:43 AM
I have just sent, by separate email, the disassem w/Photos, of the #66.

HJN

JNewell
July 24, 2002, 06:59 AM
Harley, not only are you a lifeline and a miracle worker, but you're FAST! Many, many thanks.

Would be interested in any feedback from owners on what (if anything) is trouble-prone or tends to break, though!

July 24, 2002, 11:03 PM
I would love to have a copy of that myself.

johnbt
July 25, 2002, 10:04 AM
I'd like them as well, or the disassembly instructions for a Model 76 lever if you have them.

I gave my uncle a 76 recently and we could use a little help.

Thanks,

John

Harley Nolden
July 25, 2002, 12:56 PM
johnbt:

Sent the 66 by separate email, don't have the 76, sorry

HJN

Hemicuda
July 25, 2002, 01:07 PM
Couldya possibly e-mail those to lasandan@tir.com please? (my e-mail for this site is Hotmail, and might not accept anything that large)

thanks muchly!

Harley Nolden
July 26, 2002, 03:30 AM
Hemicuda:

By Separate email, "on the way, wait"

HJN

Hemicuda
July 26, 2002, 08:16 AM
Thanks muchly... I usually just remove the reciever cover, and drop out the bolt and hammer... then hose the interior clean...

maybe this'll make it easier to get into the trigger and works, and do a proper cleaning on my nylon 66's...

Harley Nolden
July 26, 2002, 08:36 AM
What kind of rare cars? Would you be interested in a car show in GA round March 03?

My interest also

HJN:D

Hemicuda
July 26, 2002, 02:21 PM
GA is a long way to drive the 'Cuda (a '71 Hemi'Cuda Convertible) but might be do-able when the time comes, it depends on work... (we get busy about that time...) It also depends on the schedule for the Mopar Nationals... gotta do the 'Nats!

The Charger ('70) and the Superbird ('70) are both still TOTALLY in pieces, project stage... (actually, the 'Bird is disassembled, but FAR from the "restoration" stage...) and the Shelby Shadow CSX VNT-3 car is drivable, but a little rough around the edges... (needs a paintjob (I have the replacement stickers), some small "wear" items, and a SERIOUS detail job)

as you can tell, I am purely a Mopar guy... (well, except for one pre-Mopar Jeep (AMC)

Betzmike
July 1, 2004, 04:15 PM
I would also like to get a copy of the dissasy instructions. I just got one from my father and it's in fair shape but really dirty and in need of the screws that hold the cover plate on.

JNewell
July 1, 2004, 07:39 PM
You should be able to get the screws from Numrich, www.e-gunparts.com

Harley Nolden
July 2, 2004, 06:24 AM
Betzmike:

Sent by separate email.

HJN

bobmcc
July 4, 2004, 09:17 PM
Could I bother you for a copy of the instructions on the 66 to bobmcc@gte.net. Thanks so much.

cigar57
September 22, 2004, 05:27 AM
could i please get a copy of the disassembly guide ttriple@columbus.rr.com
thanks so much

grumpy1
November 18, 2004, 09:23 PM
could you please email disassembly for nylon 66 to dirtmeade@direcway.com

TIA

Paroxyst
November 23, 2004, 04:21 AM
I´d really like one too if I may?

Send it to Paroxyst@yahoo.se

Yes I´m from sweden..my father gave me this gun for my birthday and he bought it new in 1972. Rarely used.. I used it more then he did.. mostly hunting.

November 23, 2004, 07:37 AM
Man, it would be nice if I could get a copy. I had a Nylon 66 when I was a kid. Shot it for years and years with no maintainence. A couple years ago I was visiting my parents, got bored and dug the Nylon 66 out and took it apart.
It is still apart.
It just so happens that I am leaving tomorrow morning to fly back there to visit my parents for the Thanksgiving holiday. If I got some help I could work on it while I was there.
However, I won't be able to get my E-Mail, so if someone with a copy reads this, send it to khgilcrest@aol.com

Brenden
December 11, 2004, 01:12 AM
This looks like a popular item..If someone could send me this too..Hotmail too but I have xtra storage..

I love these guns.. :cool:

Thanks...

Schrambo
December 11, 2004, 03:35 AM
I'd like a copy too, please.... gschrammeck@netzero.com...

Thanks!

GlennH
December 15, 2004, 11:40 PM
I used to have a 66 years ago and I recall the extractor or ejector was a real @#$%^ to get back in.

beenthere
January 4, 2005, 12:17 PM
Could you send it to me too please? I bought my son a Model 66 in 1981 for Christmas. When I was there 2 weeks ago he still has it. I guess I cheated though because I had his name and date engraved on the sideplate.

Harley Nolden
January 5, 2005, 09:52 AM
Rem 66 on the way "Wait"

HJN

hominy
January 5, 2005, 11:21 AM
Please include me on the list for the manual on this rifle. I took the first one apart, finally got it back together. Maybe the manual will help. Thanks, Hominy

JohnLizCas
January 7, 2005, 09:06 AM
If available please send copy of ass, disassm of Nylon 66 to:JohnLizCas@aol.com. Thanks

JohnLizCas
January 7, 2005, 09:08 AM
If available please send copy of ass, disassm of Nylon 66 to:JohnLizCas@aol.com. Thanks. Thats assm not ass lol

boss_hogg01
March 22, 2005, 04:07 PM
Harley Nolden, i was wondering if you could possibly email me a manual too? my email is smithe@carleton.edu . I've got mine disassembled, and don't really remember how it goes back correctly!! thanks!

POcopo
March 26, 2005, 12:46 PM
Hello, i got mine from my brother, after he had it for 20 something years, he shot it, i shot it and i dont think it was ever cleaned. Ive cleaned the bore, but that was it. It sure is a fun little plinker too....

dullbladez@sbcglobal.net

chasswick
April 30, 2005, 06:47 PM
Hey could I please get one of the manuals also I am in need because I am an idiot and took it apart and now nothing but trouble.

chasswick@hotmail.com

560pilot
May 2, 2005, 09:20 AM
I have had a Nylon 66 since 1968 (H.S. graduation present). I would appreciate a copy of the disassembly instructions/manual if possible.
Thanks
560pilot

Harley Nolden
May 2, 2005, 09:54 AM
506 Pilot

Send an email addy and I will send it

hnolden@yahoo.com

HJN

tnj_oconnor
September 25, 2005, 02:25 PM
I need the breakdown and assembly of the Nylon 66 Remington, if anyone can send it to me at tnj_oconnor@comcast.net it would be really appreciated, thanks.

mikeyp
December 23, 2005, 02:34 PM
:o I need a manuel for a nylon 66, though its not a nylon, its a remake of one. I t has CBC on it. I was told that it's "like" a chevy and GMC. Same maker and what not. If true or not, I think that a manuel is a step in the right direction. Uhh, also I toke it out to shoot and while I was firing at a target to sight it in ( using federal hollow points ) my scope, it jammed on the 5th shoot. After I cleared the jam, I went to "charge" the rifle and it went off. So any suggestions would be great.

My email is: michaelrparsons@hotmail.com thanks guys!!

Rimrod
December 24, 2005, 07:16 AM
I had an Apache Black model years ago, great gun. I had worked on several Nylon 66s and the only problem I ever found was a tendency for a crack to appear between two pin holes in the receiver area. I don't think it was a serious problem but several guys wanted theirs fixed so I used JB Weld.

Wish I had mine back.

Swan Hunter
December 24, 2005, 10:49 AM
I have an old 66 that is shooting doubles and then jamming...I need to get in to the little beast and then get it put back together. Is there a source for parts?

Thanks
rowe54@midwest.net

Spectre01
December 27, 2005, 08:16 AM
Harley,

If you are not tired of sending those mails yet....

leehuffman563@peoplepc.com

Thanks!

I have had my 66 for a LONG time. No problems yet.

Keep her clean and shoot the sumbitch.

mikesmith1115
December 28, 2005, 12:09 PM
Hi,

I have just been gicen a Remington .22 Nylon 66. I would appreciate any instructions for this.

Thanks in advance for your help,

My email is mikesmith1115@cox.net.

richard jangro
November 28, 2007, 06:50 PM
i also have a nylon 66 semi auto ive had it for about a week it was a blast till i went out for a hunt im not sure if it got wet becouse it was snowing and i had sat the gun down against a stump but now its jamming after 8 or 9 shots i had pulled the barrel off after losening the bolt and twisted it off now i cant get the slide on the side where it ejects shells to close and line up properly wiith the barrel if any one has detailed instructions about disasembling and assembling this gun with photos if possable that would be very helpfull also if any one has any sugsestions on why it may be doing this email me @ pookadog@honkeynigga.com this is my first remmington or gun at that i really hope this is a fixable problem with out having to spend any money..........well it was fun while it lasted hopefully this gun will supply me with hours and hours of fun in the future

animal
November 28, 2007, 09:51 PM
Nylon 66 was a fun little rifle. Mine was Mohawk brown and I wish I still had it.

If you get it back together and you have a single-shot (first shot is fine, but bolt closes on an empty chamber) take it back apart and turn the feed ramp around. It’ll fit in there backwards, look right, but doesn’t work.

Redneckrepairs
November 28, 2007, 09:57 PM
richard jangro I linked you to a page on the other thread you posted that should have the manuals but here it is again for the late comers to this thread that did not read every page http://www.nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Welcome.html

richard jangro
November 29, 2007, 10:35 AM
hey redneckrepairs thanks alot i also became or is waiting to become i should say a member of that other sight i fixed the problem and had the gun back together within mins thank you alot i dint relize u had to pull the plasic slide off before removing the reciever guard what had happen is that clip that sopose to sit under niether the sight grove had some how pushed its self back into the gun how that happend i have not the wildest clue and what was couseing it to jam i think is the federal bulk ammo i was using i belive couse others on that other web sight had had the same problem with it but thank u very much now all i have left to do is sight my scope in well happy shooting and keep up the great advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tamdar
December 15, 2007, 10:28 AM
Hi been reading posts on how to break down a nylon 66 for cleaning. I see most folks dont recommend disassembly but after 40 years, and 4 teenage boys, this must need a good cleaning.

Any help would be greatful Thank you, Dale

chaad
December 24, 2007, 11:07 AM
Disassemble the trigger assembly AT YOUR OWN PERIL. Put the safety on before you take the cover off. if the trigger pulls, you will join the many before you to go to the gunsmith with a grocery bag of parts. Maybe I'm just a chicken, but there should be no reason to disassemble that far.

gordfordjames
October 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
Harley, I would appreciate it if you would send me the dissassemble diagrams for the Remington 66 tube, rifle.

Thank you

Gord

rzach
October 24, 2008, 12:56 PM
i came a cross thie some time ago have been very usefuly for take\ing guns apart:D

http://stevespages.com:80/page7b.htm