PDA

View Full Version : OK, that's IT!!

Kentucky Rifle
July 22, 2002, 09:12 AM
No more going around to news stands looking for S.W.A.T. Magazine! It's too much trouble and I hate it when I miss an issue because I can't find a copy. I'm sending in the little card, buying a subscription, and just walking to my mailbox to get my copy. NO more disappointments for this guy! FINI!! I should have done that in the first place, but NOOOoooo. I decide to drive all over town. looking for a copy.:rolleyes:

Live and learn,
KR

Denny Hansen
July 22, 2002, 10:56 AM
And now you'll get it before it even hits the newsstands;)

Kentucky Rifle
August 15, 2002, 11:36 AM
"Honey, did you send the check for my subscription to S.W.A.T."? "Oh yes, a couple of weeks ago". Big Kiss! And...well, you know how these things go.:p
Rich and Mod's. Do you think we could have an icon for that one? :D

KR

KSFreeman
August 18, 2002, 05:28 PM
Hey, what the heck is KR talking about?:confused: :D

Kentucky Rifle
August 18, 2002, 06:28 PM
Oh, you know KS....the ol' horizontal er, er, er,...:D

KR

C'mon!...I didn't say anything to get THIS thread closed too, Did I??:D

C.R.Sam
August 20, 2002, 08:00 PM
Yup

Rich Lucibella
August 20, 2002, 08:14 PM
Sam-
Just got the Advance Copies of October...you're looking right smart there.

Louie Awerbuck NEVER wrote an article about ME! What am I doing wrong here?
Rich

Denny Hansen
August 20, 2002, 10:35 PM
Might be able to arrange an autographed copy by Sam and Louis...I know the editor:D

Kentucky Rifle
August 28, 2002, 03:34 PM
I virtually run...well..hobble I guess, as fast as I can go to check my mailbox for my first issue of S.W.A.T. No joy as of yet.
It can't be too much longer!

KR

Correia
August 28, 2002, 03:56 PM
I haven't got my issue yet, but it sounds like there is an interview with C.R.Sam. I can see it now. Two page interview where all of the responses would be "yup" or "no". :p

Tamara
August 29, 2002, 01:19 PM
...unless you get him talking about "tee shirt and shorts"; he can be downright verbose then. ;)

Kentucky Rifle
September 9, 2002, 07:46 AM
Target not in sight.

KR

Rich Lucibella
September 9, 2002, 08:24 AM
KR-
I just checked....don't hold your breath. Dunno when you sent in your check, but it clearly didn't make the October Issue cutoff. I expect you'll be in come November, but you may want to call and verify: 800.673.4595

Beginning on my return from Africa (22nd), we'll have a new Subscription house and I'll be able to look these up real time.
Rich

garrettwc
September 9, 2002, 12:39 PM
My favorite gun shop just started carrying it on a trial basis. I use it as an excuse to go up there. Honest honey, I'm only going to see if the new magazines are in.:rolleyes: :D

G3
September 9, 2002, 02:27 PM
You might want to check your local Marsh grocery. They started carrying it.

KSFreeman
September 9, 2002, 05:08 PM
G3, is Marsh in Kentucky now? Had not seen it down there.

G3
September 10, 2002, 05:07 AM
Sorry, it was a suggestion for Mr. Walther.

garrettwc
September 10, 2002, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the tip G3, but I haven't seen a Marsh after you get south of Indy and I live right at the Kentucky border. There is a local grocery that has them, but like I said going to the gun shop gives me that extra excuse;) and the show owner is a TFL member so I know the latest issue will be there.

Kentucky Rifle
September 10, 2002, 11:54 AM
I called the number and, indeed they told me that I was up to receive the November issue. However, a strange notation was also on my account. "Pending"--Any idea what that means? The lady with whom I talked was nice and said that the files probably hadn't been updated yet, but she really couldn't explain it.
I kinda hate to hear that "pending" word. It's like, "Well, your check hasn't cleared yet", and I know damn well we keep...well, I don't want to sound like I'm rich or bragging either. I'll just look for an October issue at a news stand, and hope S.W.A.T. starts coming to my mailbox starting with the November issue. No anger here. I just don't know why "Pending" would be on my account.:confused:

KR

Rich Lucibella
September 11, 2002, 04:04 AM
KR-
My understanding is that "Pending" simply means "hasn't commenced yet"
Rich

Kentucky Rifle
September 11, 2002, 07:39 AM
Thank you for the explanation and thank you for everything ELSE you've let me get away with saying. I appreciate the latitude.

Will Mattingly (KR)