PDA

View Full Version : IDPA and Bullseye competition in Colorado Springs?

Justin
July 11, 2002, 12:38 AM
Hey all,

I just recently moved to Colorado Springs, and I'm looking to continue shooting while here.
I'm primarily interested in finding a place where I can shoot ISSF style bullseye pistol. NRA style bullseye pistol would be fine, too.

Also, where do I go to find info on IDPA matches in the area?

Thanks for your help!

Steve Smith
July 11, 2002, 10:29 AM
I am not aware of any Bullseye matches in the are, but I'll try to help you find some....check with www.bullseyepistol.com maybe you can find some there?

I do know that the Pueblo West club (about 35 miles south of COS) has a bi-weekly IDPA match. Also there is a local Thursday night shoting club, but we are looking for a new venue due to the fires. Please email me.

DAL
July 16, 2002, 01:40 PM
Here's a link for ColoSpgs IDPA action. You can get much of the info. you need from the website. BTW, what division do you shoot in IDPA?
DAL

http://idpa.gunsnet.net/

Steve Smith
July 16, 2002, 01:52 PM
DAL, when I shoot IDPA (rarely) I either shoot CDP (1911) or whatever a Glock makes me. I am not "big" into action pistol anymore. I am a Highpower Rifle competitor. I only shoot a pistol match when I have nothing else to do. Yeah, that sounds kinda snobbish. I don't mean to be that, but I'm sorta consumed by a sport that I personally think is a bit better. Having shot several pistol type competitions, I feel like I'm making an educated choice.

Justin
July 16, 2002, 03:20 PM
Steve and DAL-

Thanks for the links.
I've looked at the one for Bullseye pistol before, but only for the training stuff. I'll have to take a closer look to see if they have info about various leagues and such.

DAL-
Thanks for the link to Colorado Springs IDPA. I'll take a look at it, and probably be showing up to an IDPA match in the near future.

Steve-
Don't feel too bad about choosing high-power rifle competition over IDPA. If I had my druthers, I'd compete in both.
However, since I'm already set up for IDPA that's what I go with.
It's all good in my book. :)

Steve Smith
July 16, 2002, 04:21 PM
Caliban, you are more than welcome to ride along to a Highpower match sometime. I even have a rifle you can use if you promise not to stick it in the dirt.

DAL
July 17, 2002, 03:56 PM
caliban, one word of caution: Make sure they will be holding a match before you drive to the range. IIRC, Front Range IDPA has postponed the Pueblo matches until September because of the hot weather. I don't agree with this, but it ain't my show. You may want to e-mail FR IDPA to confirm this.
DAL

Steve Smith
July 17, 2002, 04:55 PM
DAL, are you serious?

What kinda pansy, good-for-nothing, prima-donna people gravitate to that pistol stuff, anyway?

I have a practice match in an hour and a half, and its 93 degrees. I will be in a sweatshirt and a heavy shooting coat. Sunday I have a Leg match, and I will bet it will be over 103 on the line. I will be in the same gear, and we will be shooting in the heat of the day for about 4 hours.

Pansies.

DAL
July 18, 2002, 12:31 AM
Steve Smith, unfortunately, I am quite serious. Heck, don't ask me why, but that's how it is. They did the same thing last year.
DAL

eerw
July 18, 2002, 10:25 AM
Caliban,

If you are interested in IPSC...we will down there this Sunday....Early for setup..and 9:45 for shooters meeting...pretty good following for limited and limited 10..

www.limitedgun.com