View Full Version : Fun project -
July 1, 2002, 12:33 PM
Last year I won a cheap Chinese knock-off of an Ithaca 37 at a 3-gun match (I know what you guys think of the Chinese stuff, but hey - it was free!) and have experimented with it a little. I figure I've got nothing to lose, and discovered a nice bonus, especially for 3-gun matches wheras before I was stuck digging through my pockets for all the shotgun ammo I'd need. It looks a little "wide" at first but once used to the looks it actually feels pretty good, and all of the shells are within easy reach for quick reloads while not getting in the way. The weight is back far enough that it even helps keep it seated firmly in my shoulder.
Let me know what you think!
July 1, 2002, 12:35 PM
July 1, 2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the chuckle....
Actually, with the weight more/less between the hands, it probably doesn't affect the balance point all that much. Bet there's not much kick either...
Kudoes for creativity.....
July 2, 2002, 08:01 AM
Not hard to tell which is yours in the clubhouse rack.:D
July 2, 2002, 09:23 AM
That's what I need for a dove gun, considering the way they fly and the way I shoot :)
I really shouldn't feel too badly though. I was watching a shooting show on cable recently and the host said that the average dove hunter gets 4 or 5 birds per box of shells.
July 2, 2002, 04:06 PM
that's a pretty neat idea, actually, it makes a lit of sense if you don't want to keep a home defense gun fully loaded all the time.
one thing you could do is put remington slugs on one side and federal buckshot on the other so you know both by side and by color which is which.
July 2, 2002, 06:08 PM
Ha! I knew that idea sounded familiar! :D I asked about it awhile back. I think it is a great idea.
July 3, 2002, 01:52 PM
Ha! I forgot I'd posted about it before - I finally got around to taking some pics of it and thought I'd share.
I ended up using a side saddle for a Winchester (bad idea - I had to cut and grind some of the mounting plate) and used a longer trigger retention screw and modified nut to fit in underneath the saddle. I first tried various types of adhesives on the front mounting point but after many failures I just drilled and tapped a part of the receiver and screwed the sucker on, now it's rock solid!
I'm going to shoot some skeet with it this weekend if I don't get thrown off the range.......:D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.