PDA

View Full Version : Please look at this holster.

yankytrash
June 22, 2002, 06:32 AM
Please take a look at this holster I made for IPSC. I want some opinions on whether or not it looks like it fits within the rules.

It passes thye jump test with flying colors. I had to add that turn screw close to the trigger gaurd, but it makes for a tight fit, and positive "click" when the gun is holstered.

The only thing I wonder about is the trigger gaurd notch (to facilitate the square gaurd), and that little area where I messed up on the cut that covers the trigger itself. Think they'll call me on that?

WESHOOT2
June 22, 2002, 07:21 AM
Maybe.
Not sure.
Bring a spare holster.

Cover mistakes(?) with leather patch?

yankytrash
June 22, 2002, 07:35 AM
Uhmmm, thanks? Maybe? :confused:

:D

yankytrash
June 22, 2002, 07:38 AM
UGH!! My bad.

I just downloaded the picture again, and noticed what a nice straight cut I made on my "mistake". Then, I looked at the holster (the real one) closely again.

That's the factory Fobus cut. No mistaking it for my rat chew cuts. I guess it has to pass.

Woops.:p

WESHOOT2
June 22, 2002, 07:50 AM
Bring a spare holster anyways.

In fact, bring spare guns, ammo, belts, glasses, muffs, and any other device you find indispensible.

Or you'll need it.

motorep
June 22, 2002, 01:14 PM
I'd allow it. If you can't get your finger into the trigger guard it's safe. I've had some guys show up with totally open holsters, a little cardboard and tape fixes it for the match.

yankytrash
June 27, 2002, 04:38 PM
^

Bump for fellow TFLer that wants to see it.

Andrew Wyatt
June 28, 2002, 01:20 AM
what are the requirements for IPSC in relation to holsters?

yankytrash
June 28, 2002, 04:35 AM
It's gotta cover the trigger, and has to be able to retain the gun during a 17" jump. Also has to retain the gun for a 17" jump and landing 90 degrees to the left and right of the starting position.