PDA

View Full Version : Value of Franchi AL 48 20 gauge?

GAC
June 9, 2002, 12:35 AM
I have a 20 gauge Franchi model AL 48 w/ a 26" barrel that I am looking to either trade or sell. I've got the Blue Book value listing the average price from $425 to $525 for 95% to 98% condition, respectively.

But, does anyone know if this is the real going rate? Especially in the Phoenix area? I've only seen a couple of these models listed on the online auctions and those prices can be out of whack.

I'm hoping to trade/swap it for a new CZ 75 that is on sale at a local shop for 300 bucks. But, I'm not going to bother with a trade if the value is a lot higher than 300. I don't know yet if the dealer would do the trade anyway, I have not gotten that far yet. If I do miss out on the CZ I'm still looking to unload the Franchi anyway.

C.R.Sam
June 9, 2002, 12:51 AM
GAC....take another look at your Blue Book......add $15 for 20ga. Subtract 10 percent if without Franchokes.

No recent Franchi experience but there seem to be a lot of assorted guns going for close to book......on the average....in the Phx area.

Often, trading to a dealer is not good for the tradee. Patience and sell outright should get you quite a few more bucks.

Sam

GAC
June 9, 2002, 01:07 PM
I figure that with the one small ding in the forestock and a slight scuff on the stock I'll ask for a price between the 95% and 98% blue book list. Adjusting for the 20 gauge price addition, minus 10% for no removable chokes, I'll take 440 bucks.

If anyone is interested I'm going to post the advert in the Buy, Trade, Sale section here on TFL with some photos.