PDA

View Full Version : Whats Everybody's Favorite Belt Rig For CAS

Mike Weber
May 11, 2002, 07:23 AM
:) I use a pretty wide variety myself. But then I make them. I was just wonderin what everyone else liked, Buscadero's, Loop holsters and cartridge belts, Slim Jim Styles, Bridgeport Rigs or Swivel holster Rigs and Cross Draw Rigs? What do you use?

El Loco Lobo
May 11, 2002, 11:44 PM
I use an old style Mexican loop, the stamping is a copy of my grandfathers saddle with a 4 inch belt. Montana shoulder riggin for my secondary(not sure if I like it yet). Shotshells go in a pararie belt just above the pistol belt. Kinda in the same boat my father is an old sadlle maker so I get to use his ideas and he gets to wear the fancy ones.

Mike Weber
May 12, 2002, 05:35 AM
A lot of good saddlemakers here in the northwest. I learned my craft from them. I do my own tooling and relief carving. I like the idea of a Prairie Belt sort of a buffalo hunter style to it. I carry my shot shells on a bandoleer. I use a double buscadero rig for my Rugers 31/2 inch belt 24 shell loops oak leaf carving pattern. I use a 21/2 inch belt to carry my 1860 Armies in California style slim Jim holsters. I have a set af Saddle Cantina holsters for my 1851 Navies. I carry my .45 Colt Henry rifle replica on a Cavalry type sling. I'm in the process of making a 4 inch cartridge belt and a set of triple loop holsters for my Rugers. I'm also toying with the idea of making a rig with double swivel holsters for the Rugers.