PDA

View Full Version : Remington 300 Ideal O/U

BigG
May 7, 2002, 12:18 PM
Anybody have any experience with the Remington Model 300 Ideal shotgun? Kudos? Complaints? Let's talk!

mrt10x
May 7, 2002, 02:25 PM
this is heresay answer but thats the best I can do. I have never heard anyone say anything good about the Rem Ideal. General opinion is that Remington has not made a decent O/U since the 3200 and even that one was just average. I know no one who has one that would not sell it if they could find a buyer. Just opinions I have heard since I have never owned one.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
May 7, 2002, 04:09 PM
Awfull dang ugly and club-like for the $1000 or so bucks they want for 'em.

Only experience with them is in the store---couldn't get past the ugliness to actually put my money down on one.

Dave McC
May 7, 2002, 04:46 PM
General reacion here when any recent Remington double is mentioned is, "EEEwwww".

Some folks like Berettas and dump on Citoris. Browningophiles do the same with Berettas sometimes.

Everybody dumps on the 300, the Peerless(maybe Perilous) and the other attempts they've come up with.

PJR
May 7, 2002, 06:08 PM
I fired a 300 Ideal a couple of years ago and my recollection was that while nothing special it wasn't as bad as the Peerless and on par with a Ruger Red Label.

For reasons that are not apparent, the 300 Ideal is not offered by Remington. Their current o/u is the 332 which may be the same gun rebadged to somehow link this gun to the legendary (and rightly so) Remington Model 32.

Remington seems to have had its head where the sun doesn't shine when it comes to o/us. The sold the rights for the Model 32 to a small company in Germany named Krieghoff. Today, the 32's descendant, the K-80 is one of the best target guns on the market and carries a very hefty price tag. The Model 3200 was not a bad attempt to come back but Remington didn't stick with it and let Browning and Beretta overtake them. Eventually, the beancounters weren't impressed and the 3200 was history.

They still make a pretty fine pump gun though.