PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 60 help please...

Steve Smith
April 28, 2002, 09:46 PM
Ok, after having never taken my Model 60 out of its stock, having owned it for 21 years, and having poured untold thousands of rounds through it as a teenager, I decided to take it out of its stock and clean it. wow, filthy was an understatement! While taking it apart, a little spring fell into my hand. It came from roughly the middle area of the action. How do I get this back in? Thanks guys!

James K
April 28, 2002, 11:58 PM
My crystal ball needs new batteries, so I can't see your gun. But there is a little coil spring called the extension spring, that fits onto the bolt release lever. You might check that. I can't think of any other spring that could fall out without some part being broken.

Jim

railroader
April 29, 2002, 07:51 AM
I can email a pic of the parts breakdown later today. Mark

Steve Smith
April 29, 2002, 08:53 AM
Jim, I had a feeling somone might answer like that. Anyway, yes, it just "fell out" without anything being moved. That, I hoped, would be the tip-off for someone. Extension spring, huh?

Would I find this in a Firearms Assembly/Dissasembly book?

Dr Heckel
May 3, 2002, 05:05 PM
Heres a pic of the extension spring attatched, maybe it can help you figure out how to reattach it-

Dr Heckel
May 3, 2002, 05:06 PM
And heres a pic of the whole action, lotsa springs.......are you sure its the extension spring?

Dr Heckel
May 3, 2002, 05:27 PM
Heres one more pic of another possibility, it seems to me that this spring would be the most likely to fall off on its own.

James K
May 3, 2002, 10:35 PM
Hi, Dr Heckel,

Excellent pictures! Isn't it great to see a simple, well-designed action? I'm sure there is one around, but that one ain't it.

Actually, I have always been amazed at how much crud those things can absorb and keep working!

Jim

Dr Heckel
May 3, 2002, 11:05 PM
Hi, Dr Heckel,
Excellent pictures! Isn't it great to see a simple, well-designed action? I'm sure there is one around, but that one ain't it.

Actually, I have always been amazed at how much crud those things can absorb and keep working!

Jim

Thanks, I just bought a digital camera and was waiting for a chance to post some pics online.

I agree, my model 60 has had in excess of 15000 rounds through it and it still works pretty good. Only one part has been replaced, despite a nasty Kb that blew the stock and trigger gaurd assembly in half! Both were glued back together and didnt miss a beat.

Steve Smith
May 5, 2002, 02:05 PM
Its the third spring! I'll try to get that one in today...thanks for the pics!