I have heard there is a method to get an extra round into a
Benelli M1 which regards some sleight of hand with the cartridge
drop lever. Is anyone familiar with the procedure and that can
explain it ?

Thanks,

Winston

jadams951
March 29, 2002, 08:03 PM
If I'm not mistaken it can only be done on certain earlier year model Benellis.

It basically involves having 7 in the magazine tube, 1 in the chamber, and 1 on the carrier that moves the shell from the magazine to the chamber.

Kernel
March 30, 2002, 12:15 AM
Old Thread (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74016&highlight=benelli+extra).

Getting the extra round in can be difficult, especially with 3" shells. You gotta monkey with it for awhile, it doesn't just flop into place. It takes both hands, a little force, and there is a trick to it.

It’s been posted that the new Benellis have been “fixed” so they can’t accept the extra round. I wonder this is the case. Maybe people are just getting stumped and giving up before they it figure out.

Anyone with both a new and old Benelli who knows for sure? -- Kernel

DennisW
March 30, 2002, 06:30 PM
I have an old M3 and a new M1. I have no problem putting the extra shell in the M3, but have not been able to do it with my new M1. I just figured I wasn't trying hard enough, but it does seem mechanically improbable, if not impossible with the new Benelli. Having the extra round trick being factory disabled would explain a lot...

glockster96
March 31, 2002, 05:05 PM
Hmmmmm, my M1 is pretty new (1 year old) and I haven't had a problem with the "party trick."

Easiest way I can describe the procedure:

1. Load the magazine to full capacity.

2. Pull the bolt back almost all the way, but just before it locks back. (if it locks back, try again.)

3. Put 1 shell under the bolt and drop 1 in the chamber and close the bolt. Violin! you have it!:D

Good luck! :cool: