PDA

View Full Version : Combat Pistol Shooters Prescription Shooting Glasses

EAGLE I
February 19, 2002, 02:19 PM
I am currently prototyping and testing new prescription shooting glasses with a special bifocal design for combat/tactical pistol shooters. If you have any personal exerience with custom designs or features , I would like to hear about them.I'm working from several law enforcement inputs and suggestions at this time. When the design is fixed and testing complete, I will be adding them to my product line at Hansen's Eagle Eye.

WESHOOT2
February 19, 2002, 06:40 PM
I'D BE LINED UP BEHIND YOU.

(Web-site address?)

9x45
February 19, 2002, 08:06 PM
Eagle 1, like many competitive shooters with older eyes, I have the standard dominant eye correction at the front sight distance, and the weak eye at infinity. What is magic about your glasses?

EAGLE I
February 19, 2002, 09:50 PM
My design is only different in that the correction in the dominant eye is a small area along the top rim of the dominant eye lens. The rest of that lens and the other is for distance. Other than that , it sounds like your glasses accomplish the same thing. With mine, when you look around, the bifocal is slightly out of the way and only comes into view with a very slight forward dip of the head straight ahead and forward.

KSFreeman
February 20, 2002, 07:39 AM
Why not just change your technique to move focal point closer?

EAGLE I
February 20, 2002, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry Mr. Freeman, I don't understand what you mean by moving the focal point closer.