PDA

View Full Version : Need site for good Scope Prices

FlyboyAZ
February 13, 2002, 04:24 PM
Anyone have a good place to buy scopes for a good price? I am looking for say a Leupold 3-6X for around $250 new. Maybe I am dreaming but if you guys have some secrets cough them up. Websites are prefered. Thanks

5isalive
February 13, 2002, 05:19 PM
How about a 3-9 x 50 for $285?

http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/leupold/vari-XII/index.html

Swamp Yankee
February 13, 2002, 07:45 PM
Other favorites include
www.bearbasin.com They have a great closeout on B&L Elites
www.natchezss.com
www.midwayusa.com
www.cabelas.com
www.clearanceoptics.com
www.samplelist.com

That should keep you busy for an evening.
Take Care

diamond blue
February 26, 2002, 04:01 PM
You might give Graf & Sons a try at www.grafs.com - they have good prices on lots of stuff, and always have scads of optics.

SWFA
February 27, 2002, 12:34 PM
Don't forget if by chance we don't have the best price, all you have to do is bring it to our attention and we will gladly beat it.

Check out our two sites.

www.RifleScopes.com - over 1,000 new optics
www.Samplelist.com - used and demo

Derek Zeanah
February 27, 2002, 01:35 PM
Have bought twice from SWFA and have been very happy with both prices and service.

I just wish they carried IOR optics.

SWFA
February 27, 2002, 06:24 PM
dzeanah,

Your wish will be granted just as soon as I can get the time to add them to our site and inventory. We are also working with them to make a few custom designed scopes that will be very interesting. Stay tuned and thanks for the business.

Chris

ReadyOnTheRight
March 27, 2002, 06:23 PM
I have not yet bought through SWFA, but I came very close to getting a Weaver Grand Slam from them when I bought my Leupold 3x9x40 last fall ($199 for the Vari-X II -- which I think is discontinued). Other boards have recommended SWFA.

The Weaver Grand Slams get great reviews and look crisp and bright to me. SWFA has the 3-10x40 for $249 right now (maybe I need to get one myself -- and a new 30-06 bolt action to put it on...).

http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/weaver/index.html

BTW -- The Leopold is great -- it helped me get two whitetails with two shots in two (maybe three) seconds last fall.