PDA

View Full Version : Any good TampaBay, FL gun shops?

LonWilson
February 13, 2002, 01:48 AM
I'm looking for a good gun shop in the Tampa Bay, FL area (St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa).

I plan on buying my first firearm. Yes, I've had firearms training, so I'm not a neophyte, but the 21 age limit makes it a bitch to buy a handgun reliably (you never know if that private sale NIB gun is really NIB for sure), and of course, CCW's don't get issued unless you are 21 years of age. I'm guessing I will be able to buy a gun in December/January, because that's how long it will take to get my carry permit and I don't want to wait 3 to 5 days for my freaking gun. I'd rather wait 2 to 3 months, and get the damned permit, so I won't have to worry about waiting periods, ever.

Anyway, where are some good places?

DarkStar
February 21, 2002, 07:48 PM
Give Bill Jackson's in Pinellas Park a try... they're on US 19, north of Park Boulevard and just south of 49th Street. Best selection in the area and the indoor range is a good time... Other than that, nope...

SgtGunner
March 1, 2002, 09:35 PM
If you want to make the drive down the coast I know a great dealer in Punta Gorda.......a little ovre an hour drive from tampa, who sells at 10 dollars over dealers cost plus tax.............not to mention an all around fantastic drive.

email me if you want details......

DOCSpanky
March 17, 2002, 05:06 PM
Stay away from Patriot Arms in Brandon!

They are liars out to make a buck!:barf:

coltaholic
March 15, 2010, 08:12 AM
the worst I've been to is "florida survivalist" in Dunedin. the owner is a fat little guy who wears "tactical" garb--you know the type-- and will try to pressure you into buying what makes him the most profit. Don't waste your time

Mallard76
March 15, 2010, 09:16 AM
Most shops in the Tampa Bay area carry the same stuff at jacked up prices. Good luck in your search.

model18
March 15, 2010, 10:36 AM
try Brittons in Tarpon Spgs. Ask for Russ and bring cash for the best deals!!!!!!!!

Shane Tuttle
March 15, 2010, 07:37 PM
Since the OP hasn't been online here since December 31, 2002, there's no point in keeping this open.