PDA

View Full Version : just put a 390 on layaway

jkoj
February 10, 2002, 03:28 PM
I just put a Beretta 390 on layaway at walmart.I saw some pumps in the 200-300$ range but I think the auto might be better.I'm trying to get the best gun for my max. amt. of spending cash which is 550$. The gun will probably only be used for trap.So since I still have some time before I pick it up to change my mind let me know if you trap shooters think I made the right decision.Thanks.

bamf
February 10, 2002, 06:29 PM
Since regular trap you only shoot singles, it doesn't matter if you have a single shot, pump or auto. Unless you are recoil sensitive then an auto will kick less.

Skeet on the other hand where you will shoot doubles, an auto is definitely nice to have but can be done with a pump.

Dave McC
February 10, 2002, 08:13 PM
That Walmart 390 is a very good bargain. If $550 is too much,a beater police turnin 870 or Express is also a good choice, albeit a coupla hundred cheaper.

For trap, the 390 is a top choice.

beagle1
February 11, 2002, 09:20 AM
:) jkoj,
Always go for the best you can aford.[as long as it fits and is suitable for your shooting purpose] This being the case for you the 390 should be your choice.
hope you enjoy it for many many years!!

jkoj
February 11, 2002, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys i'll probably stick with the 390 unless some super deal comes around before i pick it up off layaway.Just trying to make sure it's the best for what i can afford n.i.b.

Hawkaaa53
February 11, 2002, 08:51 PM
You might want to reconsider that 390 . Without doubt , the Wal-Mart special is a good buy for the average shooter , you may find that it shoots lower than you prefer .

You might want to shoot one before you close your law-way . A
used 870 or 1100 in trap configuration should be within you budget and later if you want to "move up" you can probably
recover most of your inveatment .

As was mentioned earlier , an 870 will have more felt recoil but
shouldn't be too brutal . Just about anyone can fix the Rems IF
ever needed . Berettas may be as reliable but when you have a problem , you might be DFR for a bit longer .

It's your money 'n you get the choice , Hawkaaa53

HarryB
February 12, 2002, 08:54 AM
I have a Wally 390. The first time I shot it was at the trap range. I shot two rounds that day. The first was a 15, the second was a 23. I think it works fine!

Should the 390 shoot low (or high, left or right), the 390's stock is easily adjusted with shims. The Wal Mart model does not have the shims included, but the set is available from Beretta for about a ten spot. Mine needed no adjustments...

Plus, if you like the gun as much as I do, you'll have a great gun for other games and for the field as well.