The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old August 31, 2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Amsdorf

Black Beauty: M4 Carbine in Action HD VIDEO

I don't shoot my M4 Carbine all that often anymore now that I've got a pretty full gun safe with all sorts of other "toys" of various calibers and descriptions, but each time I do I sure enjoy it! It is highly accurate, really fun to shoot and it is a delight each time I pull the trigger.

If you have a rifle in the AR15 family, do you feel the same way about yours? What do you like most about it? What do you like least about it? How have you used yours?

Would love to hear from you and compare notes.

Here's a discussion and shooting demonstration video I made today out at the gun club on a very wet and rainy day! Thank goodness for rifle ranges with roofs over them.

HD VIDEO LINK HERE.
Old September 1, 2012, 12:07 AM   #2
Sinlessorrow

Excellent video, I always look forward to your videos.

I heard you mention a new trigger, if you want a new one check out Geissele. They are the only ones I would ever suggest, for a combat one the SSA is probably the best there is, its a two stage trigger that generally has 2-3 times the spring life of a standard trigger.

As to your other question, the AR-15 platform is my favorite. I have used numerous and I have yet to find one I like any more.

Also the original cartridge they looked at was the .222(the most popular high velocity round at the time), but they found that due to the bullet design it would often times jam on the feed ramps so what they did was elongate the bullet and thus it became the .223
Old September 1, 2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Amsdorf

Thanks, I'll have to check that one out.
Old September 1, 2012, 02:43 PM   #4
g.willikers

Nice gun.
And another entertaining video.
But if you intend to keep up with the competition, you are gonna' have to start blowing things up.
Yep, no doubt about it.
Old September 1, 2012, 02:44 PM   #5
Amsdorf

Now that makes me laugh.

In fact, yes, I going to start showing all video gamers how the guns really work and then, I'll be shooting things and blowing stuff up without any hearing protection and I plan to do so at an unsafe distance, injuring my camera crew.

Oh, wait, somebody has that covered.

Old September 1, 2012, 03:00 PM   #6
chris in va

I have an M&P Sport. Great gun, does everything it should. I just don't see a practical purpose for it other than range plinker. Glad I didn't blow $1500 on an AR and accessories.

If i had to do it over again, i'd probably get a VZ58, despite the fact I had a Saiga conversion. Then again I'd be tied to buying factory x39 ammo instead of reloading...hmm.
Old September 1, 2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Amsdorf

Practical purpose?

Good grief, man....have you no concern about the Zombie Apocalypse?