The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 13, 2009, 05:18 PM   #1
bvillars

full auto questions

no not if they should be legal, but where are they legal. how about texas. recently while dirt bike riding a lady and her son were firing a full auto ak. I believe it was a labanu. It had a three position selector but a pin was inserted in the bottom slot,but if you pushed down on the safety/fire lever it would fire a complete clip. I have read of others firing their fa ak's. what did I miss and when was it legalized. Is it to late to obtain one.
Old March 13, 2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Willie Lowman

Machine guns have always been legal. You just have to pay your tax and keep your papers.

If you want a FA and you live in Texas all you need to do is follow Willie's 14 step program

1 not have a criminal record.
2 Find a class 3 dealer (google is your friend)
3 Pick out the machine gun you want, put down half the price (this will be between $2000 to $16000 down payment in most cases)
4 Get fingerprinted 2 times on ATF cards, get 2 passport photos, get the signature of your Chief Law Enforcement Officer (or have a trust or LLC) and sign a proof of citizenship form.
5 send all that plus $200 to the ATF.
6 wait
7 wait
8 wait
9 wait
10 wait
11 wait
12 I'm not joking, you are gonna wait.
13 receive your approved form 4
14 go back to your dealer and give him the other $2000 to $16000 for your gun.

Now you have a machine gun
Old March 13, 2009, 06:59 PM   #3
bvillars

thanks

thanks for the info. that is what i thought . have you ever heard of a fully auto ak labanu made
Old March 13, 2009, 08:03 PM   #4
Willie Lowman

labanu? Never heard of it. To have a legal FA AK47 in the USA the gun must have been brought in before 1968. After that It would have to have been built in America.

What has my interest is your description of the selector. On a proper AK the selector goes safe (top), full auto (middle), semi auto (bottom). What was this about a pin in the bottom notch?

You say that the bar could be pushed all the way down and the mag would empty... When the trigger was held back or did it just fire away? Was this FA controllable or did it fire till it was out of ammo?
Old March 13, 2009, 10:19 PM   #5
bvillars

labanu

willie, i believe it was an import by norinco, imported into new york. I looked it over pretty good that day because i had had a gun store and sold hundreds of ak's and sks's. it had a three position lever of course safe on top but then the middle slot had a letter L and the bottom had a letter D that had a pin in it to keep it from going into that slot. it might not have been a D but a square. It also had the mechanism for a folding stock but was fitted with a thumhole stock. It would fire a complete clip or a single shot with proper trigger control. sometimes it would vibrate off the peg and only fire a few shells.She said she bought it at a local dallas gun store that also is a distributor and makes a lot of gun shows. I have never seen another one or even heard of another one. Supposedly bought it for an ex husband fifteen to eighteen years ago.
Old March 14, 2009, 01:35 AM   #6
David Hineline

What ever she had was not legal.
Old March 14, 2009, 08:57 AM   #7
bvillars

fa ak

thats what I thought. told her to call atf and she just kinda laughed.