The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 23, 2009, 05:47 PM   #1
CSHammond

Coded ammunition bill on its way. will it pass? I hope not!

Here is the start of it. Hold on to your seats because there will be a lot more legislation introduced just like this one.

Ammunition Accountability Act
The 2009 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a list of states
where legislation has already been introduced: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacturer, and a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand-loaded ammo.)
They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round, so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!
If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

Please give this the widest distribution possible and contact your legislative representatives!

Better get ready, tough times are ahead!!
Old January 23, 2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Chipperman

Welcome to TFL!

This is not news, it has been posted many times.
Old January 23, 2009, 06:14 PM   #3
azredhawk44

CSHammond:

A suggestion and warning. Please do not misquote or plaigarize our opponents.

You suggest in your OP, using the exact same sentence structure and verbiage, that "The 2009 Legislative session has begun," using very similar sentence structure to their website.

Their website makes no claims to pending legislation for 2009, and the page you link reads:

Quote:
The 2008 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a summary of legislation that has been introduced throughout the United States. To view the bills' status click on the links to the individual bills.

Sample Legislation: The Ammunition Accountability Act

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.
Your OP is dishonest and misleading. I expend energy and sometimes even money on combating anti gun legislation and I don't appreciate being misled. I'm sure other folks here have a similar outlook on the issue.
Old January 23, 2009, 06:17 PM   #4
Wildalaska

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:barf:

Not again

WildmodspleasehelpAlaska ™
Old January 23, 2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Every week without fail....

Closed. PM me if you need to know why.
Closed Thread