The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 17, 2008, 11:27 PM   #1
tranks

too good to be true??

i found a set of crimson trace LG-344 laser grips on craiglist. listed for $70! with a price that low, i'm wondering, is this a scam or does this person just not know the price of them brand new?

http://toledo.craigslist.org/spo/742115886.html

(i wasn't sure where to post this, i didn't think it belonged in the for sale threads since i'm not selling...)

"Stan, what did I tell you about watching the Osbournes? It's going to make you retarded!" Stan's Mom (south park)
Old July 18, 2008, 12:02 AM   #2
sholling

I'd want to meet him face to face in a very public place and test them before handing over any money.
Old July 18, 2008, 12:14 AM   #3
tranks

i sent them an e-mail and asked why they are selling it and if they could send me a pic.

i'd be great if its true but i can't imagine someone would sell those for that cheap. i wonder if there stolen?

"Stan, what did I tell you about watching the Osbournes? It's going to make you retarded!" Stan's Mom (south park)
Old July 19, 2008, 06:44 PM   #4
tranks

well after a couple emails, i think its legit. i told him i'd buy it.

i'm hoping he'll be okay doing it through paypal, but i don't know of any other ways where i'll have a chance at getting my money back if the deal goes sour.

anybody have any suggestions? i haven't bought much of anything online without dealing with paypal or from a large business.

Old July 26, 2008, 04:14 PM   #5
tranks

ended up mailing him a personal check. he said he got it and is waiting for the money to clear in the bank. then he'll mail the grips. it'll be great if it everything works but i'm kind of expecting something to either not work or to be a scam. we'll see...

Old July 27, 2008, 01:37 PM   #6
MikeGoob

so you mailed a stranger cash? hmm what could go wrong?
Old August 16, 2008, 02:05 AM   #7
tranks

well, believe it or not, they showed up and work perfectly!!
i was surprised, i figured i was going to lose 70 bucks on a scam.

there are two problems though, its missing the four screws that hold the two halves together and its also missing the allen wrench used to adjust the laser.

if anyone knows the sizes of the screws and the allen wrench, please let me know. i emailed crimson customer service and they have not gotten back to me yet.

Old August 26, 2008, 11:03 PM   #8
tranks

well, crimson trace's customer service is awesome! they sent me screws, adjustment tools, the little safety warning stickers, and cleaning tools. All for free!

so now i essentially have brand new grips on my gp100.

batteries are spendy though, $10 for 2.

Old August 26, 2008, 11:25 PM   #9
Wuchak

Congrats on a great deal! I've had good luck both buying and selling on Craig's list.

Deals are out there if you look for them and have time to be patient. I found a guy on one of the forums, The High Road I think, that mentioned he had tried an Armalaser on his P-3AT and didn't like it. On a whim I PM'd him to ask if he still had it and if he wanted to sell it. Turns out he did and let me have it for half price. Original box, allen wrench, manual and everything. The only thing missing were the replacement frame pins to attach it. I called Armalaser and they mailed me a new set free of charge. About a month later he PM'd me to say he found a leather pocket holster he'd forgotten about that was made to fit the P-3AT with Armalaser installed and he'd let me have that for 1/2 price too! So for a total of $110 I got a $160 laser and pocketholster.com leather holster with anti-print panel. It has become my near constant companion. Either as primary or backup for the SP101.

Now to find a deal on some LG-303's for my SP101.
Old August 26, 2008, 11:49 PM   #10
tranks

sweet, yea theres some awesome deals on craigslist.

it took over a month from start to finish with mine but i saved about $200. so it was very worth it.