The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 20, 1999, 08:48 AM   #1
leedesert

Thank you for all your replies to my "What Holster" posting. Now that I've narrowed this down I would like some opinions on the Blade Tech holsters. In particular the IWB. Please just people who either use or have used this holster. Thank you.
Old May 20, 1999, 12:08 PM   #2
MGB

I have a IWB for my G19 and a Ultimate Concealment Holster for a K9. Both are very good quality. Both permit a very fast draw. Reholstering is a breeze because the top does not collapse. I highly recommend either holster.
Old May 20, 1999, 12:57 PM   #3
Serval

[This message has been edited by Serval (edited September 14, 1999).]
Old May 21, 1999, 01:17 AM   #4
SB

I have mixed feelings about Bladetech. I ordered a matching pair of IWBs with J-hooks. The quality of the right hand one was flawless. By contrast, my left one looked like the work of an inexperienced amateur. But, it still worked, so I didn't care if it didn't look as aesthetically pleasing. Overall, I am quite happy with what Bladetech has to offer. And if not, they'll be happy to replace them for you, even if it may take some time.
Old May 24, 1999, 08:42 PM   #5
byerly

I have a blade-tech iwb for my g23 and like it a lot. I alternate it with a taylor thunderbolt from MD Labs. Kydex is the only holster material for me. My 2 cents.
Old May 30, 1999, 12:19 AM   #6
Sackett

I can also recommend the Blade Tech IWB Ultimate Concealment holster. If you live in a hot, humid climate you will also appreciate the nil sweat-through factor in addition to the other benefits already described. However, be aware that it may be six to eight weeks from the time you place your order until the time you receive your merchandise.
Old May 30, 1999, 01:01 PM   #7
Rob Pincus

I have the Blade-tech IWB, for my mid-frame Glocks. I have carried a 23 in it extensively, and a 35 in it occassionally. I love it. It is my most common CCW holster, for at least the last months. Prior to that, I was doing a lot of mexican carry when I couldn't carry on the belt... I have never liked the thick IWB leather holsters, now I don't have to worry about them anymore.
I also recently got the same IWB (with straps and snaps, not J hooks) for my Full size USP .45. I would never have dreamed that there would be an IWB holster thin enough for a scrawny guy like me to carry it comfortably, but I have carried the USP for several hours at a time, just to try it out, and it is incredibly tolerable.

I now have 4 Blade Tech Holsters, my wife has one, and I have a cuff case, flashlight holder and several magazine holders from them as well.

------------------
-Essayons