The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 9, 2002, 08:13 PM   #1
eap

rem 870 factory extension

i can't seem to find one anywhere? please let me know where if you know! thanks.
Old September 10, 2002, 12:44 AM   #2
Sundance

You will have to get a dealer who sells to law enforcement to order one for you or an individual leo can order one direct from Remington with a copy of police ID. It is completely legal for you to buy and own and install, but Remington decided that you shouldn't be able to have one unless you are an leo.
Old September 10, 2002, 11:13 AM   #3
sjg26

Non-LEO can buy--No Prob

I picked up my Rem 870 HD last October:
18" barrel w/ factory 2-shot extension/ synth stock for about $350 new - then $25 off for the factory rebate!!!!
They are not in the catalog - seems to be a special time only type of deal. No indents on the mag mean I can add a longer extension at any time - but the 6+1 should hold me fine for now!!
Old September 10, 2002, 01:04 PM   #4
Sundance

Quote:
Non-LEO can buy--No Prob
This is simply not true. Although the 870 HD and the 870 Marine Magnum do in fact come with factory extentions and anybody can buy these fully assembled guns, only LEO can buy just the part...the actual mag extention. This is not the law, but it is Remington's policy...unless they have changed it very recently. TacStar, SGT, and others sell aftermarket mag extentions with no red tape. But Remington will not sell just the part to anybody but an LEO or a LE dealer. Again, this is from personal experience. It is true unless they have recently changed their stupid policy.
Old September 10, 2002, 05:10 PM   #5
eap

guess i'll call around and see what i can do. i know about tac star and the like but i want a factory ext.
Old September 11, 2002, 06:21 PM   #6
DML

I have them. How many do you want?
Old September 11, 2002, 06:24 PM   #7
eap

new factory 2 shot ext in parkerized? how much?
Old September 11, 2002, 06:30 PM   #8
DML

$30 plus shipping.
Old September 13, 2002, 12:38 AM   #9
DML

Hmmmmm. I guess he didn't want one very bad......
Old September 15, 2002, 10:43 AM   #10
eap

yes i do! email sent.
Old September 16, 2002, 05:59 PM   #11
Al in Md.

I just installed some Rem. 3rd. blued mag. extensions on a pair of 870 Police shotguns (my twins) with 20 in. brls. The Police models don't have the ignorant dimples to deal with so it was an easy swap. The gun shop I ordered them from took about two months to find them. I tried brownells myself and through another gun shop and it was a no go. I don't blame Brownells as I am sure this policy was foisted on them by the pencil necks at Remington. I don't know where the gun shop got them but I am happy to have obtained them. Some of the delay may be that I wanted the blued rather than the parkerized version. Be sure to clean off the cosmoline both inside and out prior to installation, looks like rust on the cleaning patches don't be alarmed. Be sure and get the "kit" rather than just the extension tube. Mine came with the tube, long mag. spring, tube coupling, and clamp and screw. Al in Md.
The Peoples Republic of Maryland, #1 Robbery Rate in the Nation and all we get is more gun laws.
Old September 17, 2002, 10:28 AM   #12
Chang

Are those the extensions with the bayonet lug clamp?
Old September 17, 2002, 07:00 PM   #13
Al in Md.

Chang, No bayo lug on these. However a solid round tip at the end of the extension looks solid enough to mount a bayo clamp/lug assembly of some sort. Never seen one myself. What are the chances of Remmington selling those to the public? Al in Md
The Peoples Republic of Maryland, #1 Robbery Rate in the Nation and all we get is more gun laws.
Old September 18, 2002, 08:51 PM   #14
eap

I want you to return it. I no one has ever said that I cheated them.
It would be worth the $15 loss to not have you complaining about
how I screwed you.

SEND THE DAMN THING BACK OR QUIT BITCHING!

if anybody wants to deal with DML this is how he conducts business. in this thread he offered the ext i was looking for. i asked him if it was new and he said yes. i get it today and some of the finish is missing from normal wear, i emailed him asking about it and he tells me it's a "take off" of police models. ok, but you shouldn't have stated the ext as new when's it's a "take off"

he offerred to refund my money including shipping back to him. i declined as i've already got it and don't want to hassle with going back to the post office. i replied that i would keep it and reminded him he should state his product accurately and i get this. i never said he screwed or cheated me, just that he mistated the product.
Old September 18, 2002, 08:57 PM   #15
DML

Yeah, I know, I'm a rotten scum-bag and I wouldn't deal with me either.