Thread: Shotgun Safety
View Single Post
Old February 24, 2001, 06:00 PM   #12
Poodleshooter

Quote:
...even if it is a crappy mossberg....
I resent that remark My Mossy is pretty entertaining and does enjoy a good workout at the trap range, even if it isn't a Perazzi.
Also, since I don't make enough money to shoot a good double, I'm curious about this stigma against the "shoulder arms" method of carrying a shotgun? Every time I've been to a range I've found it more disturbing to have shooters walking around with broken doubles over their shoulders with their muzzles (broken action or not) pointing FORWARD and slightly down at my oncoming legs and lower torso. Personally,I'd much rather have their muzzles facing the sky. I usually carry a strange version of the "carbine carry" in which I place my fingers through the ejection port with the muzzle facing the sky.
As for the loud joking at the trap and clays range, that's part of the fun for me!! If I liked silence I'd play competitive tennis. Though I'm not usually talking, I enjoy the ribbing fellow shooters give on another. It's supposed to be FUN! Then again, my range doesn't have many sober type A personality "plastic surgeon" either
Everything else I agree heartily with!

Page generated in 0.02511 seconds with 8 queries