View Single Post
Old March 28, 2006, 01:49 AM   #1
prater

Shotgun Advice Needed

I've got a new Remington 870 pump with a 28' barrel and a walnut stock. I'm planning on using it primarily for duck and dove along and occasionally clay shooting. First off this gun does not come with pre drilled for a sling and I'm hesitent to drill into the stock myslef so I have a stupid looking sling that velcro's over stock on it for now. Here are my questions, first off i'm considering changing it over to a synthetic stock with a camo pattern, what are your opinions. Secondly I'm considering switching to a 26' barrel. I just find the 28' to be a little too long. I haven't fired this gun yet and I'm new to shotguns (yes I have fired them) so I don't know which length is better for what I'm doing with it. My brother in law is an avid duck hunter and is the reason I got the gun since he has gotten me into the sport recently, he uses a gun with a 26' barrel and a synthetic camo stock which is much lighter and has pegs for a sling. So basically my questions are. Should I get a 26' or stick with the 28' barrel? and Should I change to a synthetic stock or stick with the wood? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03868 seconds with 8 queries