Thread: Shotgun Size
View Single Post
Old August 10, 2000, 01:03 PM   #8
Halffast

Hube,

The Benelli's are fine shotguns and you won't regret buying one, but I think your dealer is trying to sell you a gun that he is having trouble moving. I have done quite a bit of duck and goose hunting and I owned a Browning BPS 10 ga. It is great for pass shooting geese, but ducks and decoying geese will fold up to a 12 ga. just as well as a 10. 10 ga. shells run from $.75 to over $2.00 depending what you want. You won't be able hunt upland birds with it very well because it doesn't swing very quickly. I was not been able to find lead shot small than #4's in 10 ga. I also think that the 3 1/2" 12 ga. is a waste as well.

You don't need to spend $1100 on a shotgun to start hunting with. Not that you don't get what you pay for. But a $250 870 Express will kill 95% (or more) of the birds that an expensive one will. And, what if you don't like bird hunting? If you want to spend $1100, I would look at a Ruger Red Label All Weather. It is the all stainless and synthetic over and under. It is really sweet. I bought a used one and I sold my 11-87 last Saturday because it just sat in the safe since I got the Ruger. If you want to save some money, look at a new 870 Express or a good used auto that will take 2 3/4 and 3" 12 ga. shells. It will do all the duck and pheasant hunting you want to do.

Maybe you should go to Coinneach's shop!

David

------------------
If your looking to government for the solution, you obviously don't understand the problem.

[This message has been edited by Halffast (edited August 10, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries