Thread: Trap Guns
View Single Post
Old July 29, 2001, 06:08 PM   #6
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Guyon, a shotgun set 50-50 puts half of it'sd pattern above POA, half below. 60-40, 60% above POA,etc. A "Flat shooter" is about 50-50.

My 870 TB TRAP gun shoots flatter than Frankenstein, for some reason. That's probably why I got such a good deal on it. I had to have the bbl bent to get it to 50-50, it was shooting low and left. It's flat now, and it works for me for 16 yard singles.

Handicap shooters like a high shooting setup. The longer yardages mean some pellet drop at the impact point, so this gives a bit of Kentucky elevation.

Putting a trap bbl on a field grade gun in itself will not make it shoot higher.Putting on a trap stock, with it's high comb, may.

If shooting trap with a field gun is something you'd like to try, go right ahead. Various companies make addon cheek pieces that raise the eye, and thus the shot. You may wan tto try one of those...

A new experiment here may interest you. I've obtained a Monte Carlo trap style stock for Frankenstein. Will advise how it shoots shortly....

Page generated in 0.02771 seconds with 8 queries