PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find used 870s?

JGIORD
October 19, 2001, 04:29 PM
Where do you go or look to find used shotguns, particulary the Remi 870?

I can't find any by me, but I am also not sure where to look.

S.F.S
October 19, 2001, 09:39 PM
I would recommend gun shops, gun shows and pawn shops also check classified adds in the newspaper, (look under sporting goods). The Remington 870 Express can usually be found new for about $300.00 or less. The Remington 870 Wingmaster usually runs about $500.00. If you look on their website you will see the difference in the 2 models. HTH

Coronach
October 19, 2001, 09:41 PM
This is what you do:

I assume you're looking for a 'serious' shotgun, for home defense (based upon your previous posts), so...

Go to the phone book, get the listings of the local gun shops. Call them one by one and ask them if they do police trade-ins, or ask if they have any used riot-bbled 870s. One (or more) of the gunshops in your area will be used by local PDs to dump their used guns. Police trade-ins are good values because they are handled often but probably shot little. This translates to surface dings and wear that detract from appearance but do not affect function. Police weapons are also very often neglected, but with the 870 this is not really an issue. You can break one, but you'd have to really really work at it.

Go to that shop and look for the one you want. Once you get to that point, do a search on here for 'buying a used shotgun' and you'll find a slew of info. If that fails, ask and ye shall receive answers.

Be aware that prices and selection will vary wildly, depending on which departments just surplussed what guns to whom. If you don't see anything you want, check back in a week.

Mike

JGIORD
October 20, 2001, 10:41 AM
Thanks Coronach,

Will do