PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Norinco?

JGIORD
October 18, 2001, 01:00 PM
My local gunsmith, who also stocks Remingtons, was speaking very highly of this brand of shotgun - Norinco (although I am not sure of the spelling), but it is made in China.

He said he was selling them for years and has only had one returned for warranty work. They are much cheaper - between $170-$225, and come with either wood or synthetic black.

Just wondering if anyone else has even heard of this make and any opinions.

Thanks

ATTICUS
October 18, 2001, 01:13 PM
It's Norinco. Politics aside, they seem to be fairly well made.

Big Lou
October 18, 2001, 01:24 PM
I agree with Atticus. Norinco is a Chinese company that makes copies of several different guns (AK-47, Makarov, M1911, etc.). While their work is somewhat rough, they seem to have a pretty good reputation.......especially for their price.

taco
October 19, 2001, 12:11 AM
Their 870 copy is a very good pump gun. I have several of them and they get used a lot and not very well cared for but they all work perfectly. I paid $149 each several years ago.

Coronach
October 19, 2001, 08:35 AM
Dave is due to chime in here advising you of the virtues of communism.

Consider this:

A used 870 police trade-in. $150, or less. It will work as flawlessly as the Norinco, and very likely better. And its not made using slave labor.

Mike

4V50 Gary
October 21, 2001, 12:30 PM
I'd go with the used Remington 870 over Norinco. Parts will be easier to come by (not sure if Norinco is metric). Setting that aside, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Norinco version of the Win M97 pump action shotgun. After parkerizing, I'd mount a handguard and M1917 bayonet on it.

Norinco makes guns the old fashion way - forge and weld and there's something to be said about old fashion.

Shooter 973
October 21, 2001, 07:30 PM
After being shot at by chinese weapons I have no desire or will I ever own a Commie weapon. These guns are made by slave labor in prisons to fill the Chimese coffers with hard currancy. My vote is let the Commie Bastards Starve. Don't buy Red Weapons. :mad:

biganimal
October 22, 2001, 12:34 AM
shooter973
been there , done that ! been on the [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]ty end of a few commie weapons myself, twernt fun!
and I agree with you completely....