PDA

View Full Version : OK. I bought some buckshot. Now what?

9mmMike
October 5, 2001, 06:27 PM
Well,
I went ahead and ordered some shells from my favorite online ammo place (ammoman) yesterday.
I bought a nice sampling of buckshot - 00, 000, & #4 LE low recoil stuff.
As I expected, it was waiting for me when I arrived home today (did I mention it was my favorite ammo place?).
Now, what do I do with it?
I am going to try to talk a couple of the fella's from the "lock & load" forum to meet me at Water & Wings to help me use the "pattern board" but I want to make sure that I optimize my time.
Any helpful hints? What's my goal?
I will also take a few boxes of the 7 1/2 shot general purpose stuff that I've been harassing the clays with since I have never patterned those either.
I got my Ashley Outdoors Express sights today as well and popped 'em on. I am interested to try those out. I did not really have a problem with the stock rifle sights except that the front dot was a tad small.
As always, thanks,
Mike

KSFreeman
October 5, 2001, 07:09 PM
Step#1: make sure ammo goes bang.

Step #2: find out where patterns are at 3, 5, 7, 10,15, 20 yards

Step #3: measure distances where you expect to fight in your house (e.g. down hallway or across living room, etc.)

Step #4: sign up for Shotgun class at Thunder Ranch in April 2002

Step #5: reserve room in Kerrville.

Step #6: buy two (2) more shotguns like the one you have and train live and dry fire and exercise with weapon

Step #7: fly into Saint Tony's--look at girls at Zuni Grill and Riverwalk.

Step #8: go to Bandera go get Indian jewlery for girlfriend and wife

Step #9: go to Mamacita's for dinner before class (tortillas right off the grill-mmmm)

Step #10: go to class, repeat as necessary.