PDA

View Full Version : Pre-ban / post-ban 870's

9mmMike
September 30, 2001, 11:37 AM
Hey there team,
After the last minute cancellation of a local gunshow this weekend, I cranked up "plan-B" and spent a fine morning of clay-busting with a buddy of mine.
We took my 870 rifle-sighted 20" IC SG and it worked great.
My buddy was so pleased that he decided that he needed one for himself so we embarked on a whirlwind tour of every gunshop within thirty miles or so.
Finally at the last shop that I knew about but had never visited, and a half an hour before closing, we found an 870 Marine Magnum with the extended mag tube AND a butt stock that incorporated a pistol grip and a tacstar sidesaddle.
The store dude told me it was preban and legal to have both the tube & pistol grip which was interestring since during our mega-mile journey, one of the things that my friend and I were discussing was whether or not pump guns were even involved in the wretched pre-ban / post-ban caca.
He bought it for 400.00.
My question is this though, what is the deal with pre/post ban on pump guns? Where can I find a list of the facts?
Thanks,
Mike

rugerfreak
September 30, 2001, 12:13 PM
I think pre-ban/post-ban only applies to semi-auto's. Take a look at the ATF's web site.

Benjamin
September 30, 2001, 03:33 PM
Pump guns are not affected by the 1994 Crime bill. Only Semi automatic firearms.

You can find the pertinent regs on the ATF website, or in the dealer's rule book (ask next time you go to that shop).

scouter27
September 30, 2001, 06:02 PM
Sounds like the guy may have just wanted to make it seem cooler.