PDA

View Full Version : Utah Gunshow this weekend.

George Hill
September 13, 2001, 10:02 AM
Is it this weekend?

I'm still going. Be there about Noon.

Doug444
September 13, 2001, 05:17 PM
Yes it's this weekend. Lots of "$1 off" coupons in the papers. I probably won't make it on Sat. as I have a committment, but maybe Sunday afternoon (when everyone wants to sell and scoot).

Doug444

George Hill
September 14, 2001, 01:56 AM
I think I will be looking to trade my 1911 Springfield for an AK type... like an SAR-1 with a muzzle break.

Correia
September 14, 2001, 01:21 PM
George, why on earth would you want to trade your Springfield for an AK? What would you use for a carry gun then? Its not like AKs are expensive.

I'm glad that I'm going to be there tomorrow. I consider it my duty to talk you out of that. :)

George Hill
September 14, 2001, 02:09 PM
I'm going to be getting a Commander for my Carry gun.
In the mean time a Bullpup AK will make a very nice PDW.

Ding
September 15, 2001, 01:48 PM
I remember finding a Soviet Makarov at a gun show in December (though CAI firmly stamped in "FULGARIA" on the frame), being sold by an uninformed dealer as a Bulgarian for $150. I passed, and regretted it ever since.
Today, I found that same Makarov, Fulgaria and all, being sold by the same dealer for $140. The finish is well-worn, but the insides look new! So right now, I'm a proud owner of two Makarovs! It came with a Soviet holster, a cleaning tool, and an extra Bulgarian mag (just like my other Mak). The magazine in the gun is Soviet, though, helping to confirm the origin of the gun.

Was that luck or what? :D

George Hill
September 15, 2001, 06:27 PM
Thats a great deal... Maks are great little pistols.

Let me tell you guys about this deal... We couldnt pass it up.
Safari Arms 1911 .45 - Brand Spanking new.
300 bucks.
My buddy Scott, needed a handgun for personal and home protection... Had wanted a handgun for some time. Gunna get a CCW for it as well... Anyways... We came looking to find him an HS2000. We only saw one and it was 325, and you can get them for 250 if you do your shopping. So Matt bumps into the guy with this 1911 and thats all she wrote.
Sweet 1911... Safari might not be the top name in 1911s, but this was an excelent example. SMOOTH action. CRISP Trigger. Milspec look with the wood grips and park finish, but has some nice sights on it.
Now, the ATM was OUT OF ORDER... so I floated Scott the cash to snag it. (Was wanting it for my self - but I have a 1911 and he doesnt.) I am not worried about Scott paying me back - I am actually his BOSS at work... anyways...

No - I didn't get the AK and Bullpup kit that I wanted - but thats okay. I'll wait... That will be my Birthday Present come Spring Time. I'm patient.

Now, I gotta get back outside and get working on Spectre's 4X4 again... Could someone hand me that wrench?

MiniZ
September 15, 2001, 09:28 PM
George, your buddy got a great deal on that 1911. Hell, "bottom of the barrel" 1911s will run you $300.00. Your buddy is going to enjoy that pistol.

Speaking of enjoyment, Correia is going to find that S&W .45 is a creampuff to shoot. Excellent deal for him.

As usual, pretty much anything I was interested in firearms wise was either overpriced or out of my range. I ended up with 400 rounds of .308, and a Volquartsen target hammer for my 10/22. I bought it for my target gun, but the trigger pull improved so much, I think I will go back and get one for the "rack grade" 10/22. I highly suggest this modification to anyone that has a 10/22. I don't have a trigger scale, but I swear the pull has gone down from 8-12 lbs to 3 or so. No fitting, no fussing, and took me about 15 minutes to complete the job.

Zane

Correia
September 16, 2001, 10:01 AM
Oh man I got a good deal!

S&W 1917 .45 ACP Revolver. Reparked, great condition, clean bore, good trigger, some holster wear, all for $225 out the door. Yee Haa.

I've always wanted one of these massive old beasts.

Now I'm going to have to post about it over in the Revolvers forum, I have a bunch of questions and I don't know much about round guns. :)

Met another TFLer for the first time, Archer. Nice to meet you.

Ding you should have stopped by at lunch time. We were all just chilling and talking gun shopping. It was a good break from an otherwise sucky week.

yorec
September 16, 2001, 01:22 PM
:( I got to go to a wedding reception for one of the wife's distant relatives who I've met once instead.

:( It was down your way, so I thought I could maybe stop by the TFL shoot or show afterward, but a couple of days ago I overworked my leg and it got inflamed. The Dr said I couldn't go anywhere I had to do much walking for a few days.

:( So there I was stuck in a chair waiting for the reception to end. It was a long one. Nothing went the way I wanted to this weekend, but I was sure thinkin' of ya...

George Hill
September 16, 2001, 05:05 PM
That's kinda funny.
After I got home I started working on the Samurai and jumped out of the back. I landed hard on two feet and didn't think anything of it... As the day progressed so did some pain and swelling. I had a lot to do so I kept chugging along getting it done. Way Wrong Answer... Right now I sit in my Command Chair, just returned from the ER with my right ankle in a brace and heavy meds in my blood stream. I'll be taking Monday off from work.
If I was still in the Army - I'ld be falling in with the Lima Delta Platoon. (Limp Dick in the Army vernacular, or someone who has wussed out over a boo-boo) :mad:

yorec
September 17, 2001, 03:01 AM
Hey man, 'taint funny! I've decided that it deffinately sucks to be me!

But then again maybe this is my chance to challenge ya to a foot race? :D

Get better quick!

George Hill
September 17, 2001, 08:37 AM
Your on...

But you would have to show up to claim the victory... ;)

I was watching Band of Brothers last night and it showed in very good detail this soldier getting his foot blown off. It looked very realistic. That made my foot hurt even worse! But then again I didn't feel so bad about my own foot after that. Heck - I got it easy compaired to that!