PDA

View Full Version : no more polls

scoops
June 12, 2001, 05:39 AM
they locked it up in the handgun forum.is this the correct forum?
like i said there are too many polls.is this a new feature here or something.i have voted in a poll or 2 but why do people post comment after words?

bastiat
June 12, 2001, 09:33 AM
I think the most appropriate thing would be to have a poll to see if people think there are too many polls.

ArmySon
June 12, 2001, 09:58 AM
Polls are a nice way to get results because people that are 'shy' about their response do not need to reply. Just click an option and be done with it.

If you don't care for polls, then don't click on it. Simple as that.

However, I'll move this to the Suggestions Forum where the almighty powers can heed your suggestion.

Rich Lucibella
June 12, 2001, 11:38 AM
Personally, I despise clutter and distraction. The Poll option, if improperly used, epitomizes such excess. However, TFL is an experiment in social responsibility and, so far, the Members heve never let us down.

If the Polls are used properly, they should add to the experience. If not, they're gone. I'm betting they'll remain.
Rich

CarbineKid
June 12, 2001, 12:41 PM
Im all for them, as long as the Floridians vote properly :p

PreserveFreedom
June 12, 2001, 07:45 PM
As I said in the previous thread, the polls are a great thing. Many people post a thread asking a simple "yes or no" question. A poll is a great way to gather a mass amount of opinions without reading a mass amount of replies. If you don't like polls, don't read any threads that begin with "Poll:". Many of us don't bother reading threads that contain "Glock" and "KB" just because we know it is a bloodbath we don't want to get involved in. Read what interests you and ignore the rest.

Example:
Because you can't drive in a straight line while talking on the phone, should it be illegal for me to do so?