PDA

View Full Version : April Gunshow in Utah: Anybody going?

Correia
March 15, 2001, 12:14 AM
Hey Utah TFLers, any of you guys going to the gunshow at the (I think) South Town thingy? What weekend is it on? Anybody know?

I'm going to be looking for deals on either a Mak, Feg, or a Romanian .22 or anything else that strikes my fancy.

I'll be the big goateed bald guy in the TFL shirt.

Doug444
March 15, 2001, 10:38 AM
Correia,

Yes, it is in the South Town Exposition Center, and the dates are Apr. 20-22. Unfortunately, I'll be off camping with my Scouts (again - it always seems to be on the gun show weekend!), so I'll only be able to make the last few hours on Sunday. I usually go just to pick up ammo, anyway. Prices on guns don't seem to be much of a bargain at gun shows these days.

Doug444

George Hill
March 15, 2001, 10:50 AM
I'll try to go...
How about we arrange a little non official gathering there?
All of us wearing our TFL shirts or hats. That would be cool.

Correia
March 15, 2001, 02:35 PM
Wait a second, what weekend where we going to have the April gathering? This isn't the same weekend is it?

PvtPyle
March 15, 2001, 02:52 PM
The shoot is on the 27th-29th. I would go to the gun show but I have drill that weekend. PFT time again and if I dont do it I cant go to Italy. So I will see you guys the next weekend.

Everyone please email me so that I can send you directions to the BBQ. I really dont want to post my address on the net. If you have already emailed me for directions, I still have you in a folder waiting to go out.

Thanks

WVC
March 15, 2001, 04:26 PM
South Towne Expo Center

April 21-22

9575 So. State Street

Sandy, UT

Show hours:

Sat 9am to 5pm

Sun 9am to 4pm

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com

This is an excellent opportunity to get ammo or anything else for the big shoot the weekend after.

MiniZ
March 15, 2001, 07:32 PM
I'll be there, need stock up on ammo for the April shoot.
Z

PvtPyle
March 15, 2001, 07:44 PM
You gonna get that Springfield? See if Clay has anything else cool in stock and give me a sitrep when you get home on how the new location and turnout is.

Al Norris
March 16, 2001, 11:12 AM
Larry, George, what day would you be going?

If I can get away, I'd love to meet you guys. 'Course, Me & the Misses would be wearing our TFL shirts....

Al.

George Hill
March 16, 2001, 12:37 PM
Saturday.

Correia
March 16, 2001, 12:43 PM
Saturday.

And I get paid the day before. :D

docstodd
March 18, 2001, 12:27 PM
Hay I am from utah. and would like to know about this april shoot. could you guys give me a little info. thanks

skyder
March 19, 2001, 09:09 PM
Hi docstodd
The April shoot is being put together by PvtPyle. Some of the info is in his post up near the top of this thread. Otherwise, just hang on and more details will be coming. It will basically be a three day event, BBQ Fri night, shoot all day Sat and some will camp over Sat night to continue on Sunday. Gonna be FUN!

Dave R
March 20, 2001, 11:43 AM
Can a non-Utah resident buy at the gun show? I'm from Idaho, but would be willing to make the drive, if its a good show, and if I could actually make a purchase.

My recollection is you gotta live in the state to buy. Right?

George Hill
March 20, 2001, 10:14 PM
Sure - you can make a purchase... Just nothing that has a serial number.

Karsten
March 21, 2001, 09:32 PM
Humm, I may make the show but again I am going to miss a Shoot :( It seems I kinda got smitten and fell head over hells and love :) Bushmaster VMatch 16 inch flat top and no sites. I intend to put a Trujicon Accupoint scope on her and dress her up.
So again I am broke and the car needs to go in the shop, ouch.

Karsten

PvtPyle
March 25, 2001, 09:03 PM
I have been placed on the traing staff for new enlisties here at the reserve center and that means my drill weekend will move to Alpha weekend. Gun shows always seem to fall on bravo weekends so that means I will be there!

WVC, wanna car pool?

George Hill
March 27, 2001, 11:51 AM
I'll be bringing about 2 or 3 fellas with me.

PvtPyle
March 27, 2001, 12:33 PM
For those of us that are behind the times, how will we know each other? I dont have a TFL shirt yet so look for the guy in the "Red Dawn" smock and blue jeans that looks like a return missionary, as if there are many "red Dawn" pieces running around.

Correia
March 27, 2001, 02:01 PM
PvtPyle, no offense but I'm an RM too, but I don't look like one. :D I have shaved my goatee off a grand total of maybe four days since I got home.

Also, you may want to bring up a thread about the Utah Gathering. E-mail me if you want to show me the spot you were talking about.

George Hill
March 27, 2001, 03:00 PM
Larry - You have to come play paintball with us next Saturday!

Correia
March 27, 2001, 06:23 PM
Sorry George, my wife and daughter are flying back in on Saturday after being gone for a whole week. That's gotta take precedence. But if you are doing it every Sat. I would love to hook up for another game. Even though it sounds like my little old pro-lite is going to be out gunned. :D

George Hill
March 27, 2001, 06:38 PM
Naw - we have to Pro-Lites in our group and they do just fine.
They might be old - but like an FAL, they do just fine thank you! :D

I'll call ya for next weekend... We have the SWEETEST field to play on that is open for free. Not a commercial field or anything - just a place where all the players like to play with out having to buy field paint or pay fees.

Correia
March 27, 2001, 07:37 PM
Sounds good to me. I hate payings fees, thats why I prefer to do my shooting in the desert as opposed to at a range.

I consider the Pro-Lite kind of like the AK-47 of the paintball world. Not the most accurate, not the prettiest, but damn tough. Have to be if that is what you rent out to dorky teenagers. :)

Hmm... I may have to go spring for a new mask. My old one is an el-cheapo, and when I get hot that thing fogs up bad. I borrowed a friends super-duper spectras with the built in fan. Man those were nice. May have to do some shopping.

George Hill
March 27, 2001, 09:04 PM
Hey - I actually have a brand new mask that I never used I could give ya for 25 bucks. Its a JT Nvader system that has a visor and can take the Cross Wind fan system... It a cool mask - and I got it in my package I bought. I dont use it cause I needed a bigger goggle system to wear over my glasses.

If the Tippmann is the AK (and I agree with that) then the Autococker is the 1911 of paintball. There is a whole industry set up around the Cocker! I was so confused when shopping for the one I bought... but I studied the matter as careful as a I would climbing a barbed wire fence nekked.

Correia
March 28, 2001, 09:31 AM
I'll have to take a look at that mask. Is it a wide angle view?

PvtPyle
March 28, 2001, 10:45 AM
Have you guys thought about getting into the Airsoft game? The guns are more realistic and I am set up as a dealer for 747 imports so I get them at a pretty good price. They hurt about as bad as a paintball does but the training benifits of having the same operations and mag changes as the real thing is what attracted me to it.

George Hill
March 28, 2001, 11:03 AM
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1625_30544253
It looks pretty good, Eh?

Airsoft? Problem with those is that they dont leave visible marks on every hit.

Correia
March 28, 2001, 02:00 PM
Oooohhh... That looks pretty. Hang on to that, I'll try and see if I can make it down to Provo canyon weekend after next.

Airsoft? Never tried it. Do they really hit like a paintball, I thought they were just little yellow b.b.s. I've been hit by some paintballs that really hurt. (Got hit once in the forehead directly over my mask/under my hat from about 10 feet away. Left a silver dollar size bleeding welt for about a week) :D

That reminds me of a real nasty one. My wife was playing with us, and she was shot from behind in the base of the neck just under her ear. It was the nastiest paint wound I've ever seen, cracked the skin open, blood gushing out. When I saw my wife after that I asked how far away the person who shot her had been, thinking that it had to be like contact distance. Nope, forty feet! We checked the gun that she had been shot with, and sure enough it chronoed at over 450+ f.p.s.!!! :eek: The moral of the story, don't screw around with a regulator if you don't know how it works!

Funny, my wife hasn't paintballed since...

George Hill
March 28, 2001, 04:42 PM
Yeah - we had a guy blasting over 400 as well. Thats why someone brings a chrony and we speed test before we play. It's honor system, but everyone is pretty honest.