PDA

View Full Version : Ohio TFL - Summit County Show

Engineer
March 2, 2001, 12:12 AM
Hey guys,

I realize this is a little late, but is anybody planning on making it to show this weekend at the Summit County Fairgrounds (Route 91 and Howe Road in Tallmadge - go to http://www.ohiogunshows.com/ for more info)?

I'll probably be there between 9 and 9:30 ... if you see the Chinese guy with the red ISMRM bag, that'd be me.

Hal
March 2, 2001, 12:24 AM
If you go, don't waste your time trying to find a place to park in the front lot where you enter. Go down past the east side of the building and park in the back lot. Last time I was there there were no spaces left and people were driving around in endless circles trying to find a space. There was only 10 or 12 cars/trucks in the back lot, and about 200 empty spaces.

rvb
March 2, 2001, 12:38 AM
This is the first I've heard of it... but I think I will definately try to make it!

rvb

Hal
March 2, 2001, 06:26 AM
Since I have to go right by there to get to Hunter's and make the reservations for the 24th, what the hey, I might as well stop in. A quick check of the ole wallet shows 3 $20's that the slots in the Riverboats in KC didn't get ahold of ;).

yeah, 9:30 sounds about right. If you see the round guy in the suede jacket and the Pikes Peak ball cap, that might be me. Depending on how flamboyant I feel, I might be the round guy in the ankle length duster ;). (Sumpthin 'bout that new Coach Gun just brings out the Cowboy in me.)

Either way, If I run into any of you, your of course welcome to be my guest at Hunter's afterwards. I'm going to take along the digital camera and snap a couple of pictures of the range at Hunter's so you guys can see what to expect.

rvb
March 2, 2001, 12:28 PM
Does anyone who knows the place want to recomend a spot to meet a 9:30???

Also, what's the "cover charge?"

rvb

Engineer
March 2, 2001, 12:59 PM
It's $5 at the door and $1 for parking ... it gets a bit hectic though - as I almost had some nimrod park me in the last time I was there.

Plateshooter's going to go and I believe Campy Bob from the AK47 forum is going to be there as well - our tentative plans are to meet at the coffe/snack table area located in the right rear area of the building around 9:30 or so.

3 gun
March 2, 2001, 01:00 PM
Count me in. Cover is $5 with a buck to park. Look for a BSA motorcycle shirt. I'll be there with a pre sellout S&W 5906 with 2 factory 15 rd mags. This and the OGCA/Medina (3 17/18) weekend are the last chances to get what you need for the Ohio TFL shoot at Tusco, March 25th. Bring more than enough ammo and you may make it thru the day without running low. In 3 different calibers, I've gone thru 150 rounds each. Check out Snake Run (main floor, near the center, north side) for some of the "usually" best ammo prices at the show.

falconer
March 2, 2001, 01:52 PM
3 gun, how much do you want for that 5906? I have a friend thats looking for another 9mm. If its in his price range I'll tell him to go up to the show and look for you.

TheBluesMan
March 2, 2001, 02:08 PM
Falconer and I are heading South for a mini-shoot (along with some back-breaking work) this weekend, so we won't be at the show.

I'm planning to attend my first OGCA show on the 17th as a guest. Maybe I'll see a few of you there.

falconer... can you run a chainsaw? ;)

falconer
March 2, 2001, 03:20 PM
Yes I can chainsaw. I swear if I get stuck being the firewood-b#$%h again I'm gonna loose it. Speaking of the show on the 17th, I might be going too. One of my instructors keeps promising to take me to one.

HK24
March 3, 2001, 05:34 AM
If any of you are going to the OGCA show, stop by my table and say hi. I am an area resident and also an instructor for the Tactical Defense Institute, http://www.tdiohio.com John Benner , myself and some other instructors will be there handing out training brochures. I will post my table numbers when I get them from OGCA.

Lynn

Nukem
March 3, 2001, 06:25 AM
Can't make it, I have to work this weekend, Engineer.

HK24, I'm going to try to make the OGCA show. I'll look for TDI. I think I just got a flyer from TDI in the mail recently.

rvb
March 3, 2001, 11:57 AM
I got there around 9:45, forgot the print-up of who'd be wearin' what, so sorry I missed you all, maybe next time!

I picked up some Hogue wrap-around grips for the Beretta at $15

Hal
March 3, 2001, 02:05 PM
Seems as though I missed everyone too. I got there around 9:30, didn't see anyone hanging around the eatery, and ended up engrossed in the displays. Maybe next time/next show.

hksigwalther
March 4, 2001, 09:40 PM
DANG. I knew there was some gun show somewhere in OH I could have attended (was up in Parma Hts this wkend) but didn't have internet access.

LilJoe
March 4, 2001, 09:42 PM
Isn't the next show in Niles?

LilJoe
March 4, 2001, 09:44 PM
Isn't the next show in Niles? This coming weekend.

Engineer
March 5, 2001, 01:32 AM
Hey guys,

Plateshooter and I were up by the concession stands around 9:30 AM - but I guess we must've missed each other. Oh well - I guess we'll try to catch each other next time. I managed to get away spending only a few bucks ...

The next show on my list is the Medina show the weekend of the 17th & 18th. The Niles show is March 24th & 25th. The Summit/Akron show returns on April 7th & 8th and Medina is April 21/22nd again. Mark your calenders folks!

falconer
March 5, 2001, 12:04 PM
Also, the Ohio Gun Collectors Assoc. show is March 17 at the IX center. Dave and his stepdad are going. I will probably be going with one of my kungfu instructors assuming he doesn't get stuck working that day. Anyone else going to be at this show?

I think I'll have to hit the Medina show on the 18th.