PDA

View Full Version : S. Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware Get Together!

Jamie Young
February 3, 2001, 11:28 AM
Guys there is a New Thread with a New Date in May for a PA shoot Check it out!

[Edited by SodaPop on 04-28-2001 at 11:05 AM]

ArmySon
February 3, 2001, 12:27 PM
I might be interested on a PA get together. It will all depend on the time frame. What area in PA? Central? Southeast, Northeast??

This thread belongs in Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises. It's being moved there before George Hill sends the gregarian monks with whips after me.

darogue1
February 3, 2001, 07:13 PM
Where in pa!!?? Have new M1 carbine want to try out. I ask the guys where I work to go out and shoot they say yea yea and then never call. My mini-14 needs a work out too!--Darogue1

ArmySon
February 3, 2001, 08:22 PM
How about we meet at Classic Pistol? They allow handguns, shotguns, rifles and class III. Plus, they have handguns and class III's available for renting.

Their web site is http://www.classicpistol.com/ and the address is:
1310 Industrial Blvd
Southampton PA 18966

Which is close enough to allow the S. Jersey people to join us for a day of shoot'n.

BTW
It's an indoor facility.

Jamie Young
February 3, 2001, 09:03 PM
I'm from just outside of PHilly. But I was thinking of two outdoor ranges about 40 min from here. Lets see how many people are interested and what kind of guns they want to bring/shoot and then decide. I'm open to anyhing Just wanted to try out a few guns. I've notice a few others here are from Outside philly so maybe some others will see this and Join in?

Dead Aim
February 3, 2001, 10:20 PM
count me in cochesse. you bring da-guns i will bring da-refreshments.

peace

ArmySon
February 3, 2001, 10:46 PM
Cool! If there are a lot of pistol shooters, we could try Classic Pistol since it's very close to Philly.

I'll ask George to edit the title to S. Jersey and PA get together.

Jamie Young
February 3, 2001, 10:50 PM
Son make it a NJ/PA TFL get together!!!!

swatman
February 4, 2001, 07:53 PM
Just let me know where. I am in the reading area

darogue1
February 4, 2001, 09:22 PM
SWATMAN; Where exactly in reading area. I'm in Mohnton(outside reading)! We could get together for a pre-get together shoot! Respond if interested.---DAROGUE1

shane2
February 4, 2001, 09:41 PM
I'll go. I live in Limerick, PA between Pottstown and King of Prussia. I only have one AR-15 but a bunch of pistol.

Chris

Fudgie Ghost
February 4, 2001, 10:40 PM
What's the deal in PA regarding "ugly" guns? I live in NY. Does Federal law permit me to take "ugly" gun across NJ and into PA?

K80Geoff
February 4, 2001, 11:07 PM
If you have the meet near Philly it is close enough for me. Can I bring my AR? What about handguns? I live in NY and would have to drive through Noo Joisey to get there.

Does PA allow me to bring my Pistols if they are locked up in transit to shoot. Do your ranges require a state handgun license to shoot like Noo Yawk does?

Geoff Ross

ArmySon
February 4, 2001, 11:14 PM
Geoff,
You can bring your handguns. You do not need a license to shoot em. Just have them unloaded and locked in your trunk when transporting through Pennsylvania.

If we end up going to Classic Pistol, it has indoor rifle, pistol and full auto ranges.

As soon as we get an idea of how many people are interested, we'll try to setup a date. I'm assuming a Saturday will be the best.

Lets not let this idea die! Last year we had about 15-20 people interested and nobody could decide on a location.

Gunfighter
February 5, 2001, 02:04 AM
I am in northern MD and am interested. I'll bring the FAL and a bunch of pistols. Just need to know in advance to get leave.

ArmySon
February 5, 2001, 03:24 AM
Ok, lets set a tentative date. Do you guys/gals wanna shoot for February or March? If February is fine, how about the 24th? If not, I'll leave it up to ya for March. I'll be around until the second week.

Throw out some dates! :)

darogue1
February 5, 2001, 11:05 AM
How about the weekend before(feb 17 or 18) or the week after(mar 3 or 4). I work nightshift and would be tired driving there also work 12 hr shifts so that date is out for me. The sundays are better. Also could we work out a deal with them for reserved lanes, ammo (if people don't bring their own) targets ect. just my .02 thanks---DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
February 5, 2001, 11:26 AM
ArmySon,
Lets set up a date for Sunday March 11th! What is the range like for Rifles? I know a place a little east of Reading PA and a Little West of Quakertown called Twins. Its an Outdoor range that goes out to 500yds for rifle and 50yds for Pistol. It seems we have a few Rifle shooters here. I wouldn't mind going to both places but I'm gonna Bug anyone with an FAL or M1A to go to Twins with me!

K80Geoff
February 5, 2001, 01:53 PM
This range looks great, perfect if the weather is crappy. If you guys settle on a date I will arrange to get there and bring my pistols and AR. Any of the dates mentioned are OK with me, how about a two day shoot. Saturday and Sunday for those who can't come on one day or the other.

Got the directions from Yahoo, should be easy to find. Let's decide on the date or dates and get this organized!

It'll be nice to shoot in a clean modern range, you should see the slums around here that call themselves indoor ranges:)

I'll be coming from Long Island if anyone needs a ride.

Geoff Ross

ArmySon
February 5, 2001, 02:31 PM
What we could always do is divide the get together to two seperate groups. One for the rifle range you suggested and the other for Classic Pistol. Reading would be a bit far for the Jersey, Delaware, Maryland people.

Jamie Young
February 5, 2001, 03:05 PM
ArmySon- thats probable the best Idea. So how about Sunday March 11th Everyone repost that your acknowledging the the Date of Marth 11th for Classic Pistol! and Maybe Saturday March 10th for Twins. Twins is right off of Exit 33 on the Pa turnpike its about 5 mins from the Exit. If its really bad weather we can Cancel. ArmySon do we need to reserve Classic Pistol????

ArmySon
February 5, 2001, 03:39 PM
Sunday, March 11th is great for me! Once we have a rough idea of how many people will be attending the meet, I will call Classic Pistol to see if we need to reserve the lanes.

I also posted this message over at Glock Talk and 1911forum.

ArmySon
February 5, 2001, 05:31 PM
March 11th is going to be no good. Classic Pistol has Beretta and Sig there that day. Unless you guys want to meet the reps, it'll be a mad house and shooting could be limited.

How about March 4th?

Unless they changed their policy, you can bring your own ammo or buy ammo there. Their ammo prices are as follow:

Caliber Per Box
CCI Blazer
380 ACP $8.95
9MM $8.49
38 Spl $10.95
40 S&W $9.95
45 ACP $10.95
45 L.C. $15.95

PMC
380 ACP $9.95
9mm $8.95
38 Spl $9.95
40 S&W $10.95
45 ACP $12.95
.357 Sig $14.95

Directions:
http://www.classicpistol.com/images/Copy%20of%20direction.gif

PA Turnpike coming east: - Off exit 27 (Willow Grove) take ramp for Route 611 North. At first light make a sharp right on Mill Road. Follow 2 1/2 miles to dead end (Mill Road becomes Warminster Road about half way). Make a right on County Line Road. Go another 2 1/2 miles to the 6th light and make a left on Second Street Pike (Rt. 232). Turn right at next light onto Industrial Blvd. Go 3/4 of a mile to "1310 Industrial Mews" (Southampton Tennis Club on left). Drive into complex. We are the last 2 building units on the left.

PA Turnpike coming east: - Off exit 28 (Phila). Take ramp marked Route 1 South. Stay right, as you will exit immediately onto Street Road West (Rt. 132). Follow 4 1/2 miles and turn left onto Gravel Hill Road. At stop sign turn right Industrial Blvd. Go 1/4 mile on left of 1310 Industrial Mews. We're the last 2 building units on the left.

From 95: - Exit at Street Road (Route 132). Go West 7 1/2 miles to Gravel Hill Road and make a left. At stop sign turn right Industrial Blvd. Go 1/4 mile on left to 1310 Industrial Mews. We are the last 2 building units on the left.

In addition, you can get directions directly from your place of residence here:
Driving Directions (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&tarname=&tardesc=&tarhash=&taraddr=1310+Industrial+Blvd&tarcsz=Southampton,+PA+18966&newtcountry=us&newcountry=us&doit=1)

www.classicpistol.com

Jamie Young
February 5, 2001, 06:42 PM
I've been to Classic Pistol So I know where it is March 4th is ok HOW ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE?????????????????

Gunfighter
February 6, 2001, 12:48 AM
Can't get leave on the fourth but I am off the next two weekends. Don't waid up for me I can get ya next time. Gunfighter out.

RON in PA
February 6, 2001, 11:09 AM
Sorry but March 4th is out for me.

ArmySon
February 6, 2001, 11:58 AM
We have at least 3 others so far over at 1911forum that will attend the meet on March 4th.

Jamie Young
February 6, 2001, 05:07 PM
I'm still in for March 4th for Classic Pistol. ArmySon lets hold on to that date we can always do another later. I want to shoot sooner than later. I'm glad to see people are responding though. How about the Rifle Range "Twins" for the rest of you that Can't make it For March 4th do you want to do something later???? Email me and let me know if your want to go up there? Maybe This Month Sometime? Or at the End Of March?

K80Geoff
February 6, 2001, 05:17 PM
OK March 4 it is for Classic Pistol. Should be no problem for me to get to from Long Island. So Noo Yawk will be represented:D

Why not set up an outdoor meet at the other range later on. Maybee in april or may when the weather will probaly be better. Maybee we could arange a TFL Northeast Shoot like the folks out west always have. With sufficient lead time enough people will be able to clear their schedules for a meet.

See you folks there.

Geoff Ross

ArmySon
February 7, 2001, 01:08 AM
Great Geoff! I look forward to putting some lead downrange with you :)

Sherm
February 7, 2001, 02:23 PM
March 4th is great and I live in Philly, so I am close (lucky me). What time is everyone looking at? I haven't been shooting with anyone from cyberspace yet, I can't wait. By that time I will have a Ruger P95 in 9mm in addition to my .40 Border Marshall. I will bring friends as well, maybe a woman or two.

ArmySon
February 7, 2001, 02:28 PM
How about 1 PM? That way it'll give people that live several hours away plenty of time to get something to eat. Afterwards, all those that are available, we can go out as a group for some dinner.

Sherm
February 7, 2001, 02:44 PM
1PM is a perfect time. Something tells me this will be a very good time. We just better watch that people don't think we are a militia ;).

Jamie Young
February 10, 2001, 11:20 AM
ArmySon- are we reserved for the 4th?

ArmySon
February 10, 2001, 08:49 PM
The manager knows that we're coming on that date but can't do anything until we know how many are coming. So far, my guesstimate is 10-12.

darogue1
February 11, 2001, 10:06 AM
I may be able to make it! Need to find out more things around home first. My birthday is the 3rd girfriend may throw a party on the 4th. Not sure yet. Will post a definate when I know more.---DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
February 11, 2001, 10:27 AM
TFL needs a Member Newsletter I know there are more PA an NJ people here but there just not seeing this thread.

K80Geoff
February 14, 2001, 01:42 PM
:D

Gunfighter
February 15, 2001, 05:06 PM
I am trying the get the 4th off. What is the address of the range. And what are we shooting?

ArmySon
February 15, 2001, 09:19 PM
Classic Pistol Indoor Range
1310 Industrial Blvd.
Southampton, PA 18966

Shoot whatever you want. I'll be bringing a couple of handguns, a shotgun or two, and maybe an AR.

Gunfighter
February 15, 2001, 10:23 PM
Is anyone else bringing hte Mrs?

Gunfighter
February 15, 2001, 10:44 PM
Looks like about and hour drive for me. What are the range fees?

jthuang
February 16, 2001, 09:55 AM
If I'm free that weekend, I'll be there. So far nothing on the schedule.

Justin

ROSANGHAL
February 16, 2001, 05:47 PM
Cool Justin

It would be good to see you again.

It looks like this is going to have a pretty decent turnout.

Ross T.

jthuang
February 20, 2001, 12:28 PM
Twill be good to see you as well. I would have made the last ATSA class but the firm was paying for happy hour the night before. :)

Justin

Gunfighter
February 20, 2001, 07:35 PM
Count me in.

Dundas
February 20, 2001, 07:37 PM
I'd be happy to come to CP if people don't mind a newbie--I just got my K9 and Mak in November. If I remember right their rates are twelve or thirteen bucks/hour/lane.

ArmySon
February 20, 2001, 08:00 PM
Dundas,
We'll be happy to have you join us!

Here are the prices: First price is for 1 person Second Price is for 2 People.

Handgun $13.00 $9.00
Rifle/Shotgun $20.00 $12.00
Full-Auto $25.00 $18.00

I'm going to try to get a group discount.

ArmySon
February 20, 2001, 08:16 PM
Do any of you guys or gals live near that area? I've been trying to get a hold of one of the owners to inquire about a group discount. His name is Nick and is usually at Classic Pistol from 11-5 PM on the weekdays. If you live near the area, would one of ya try to call Nick to ask about reserving the lanes and a price cut for around 20 people? If not, I'll try to get a hold of him on Saturday. I'll probably go back down there to do some shooting and talk to Nick at that time.

Jamie Young
February 23, 2001, 11:49 AM
Son I talked to Nick today He said you were going to come in on saturday to talk to him? He said if we bring in 20 to 25 people for 2hrs we would only be charged one hour. He said we could reserve one bay which is 5 lanes. Its going to be $13 plus ammo for 2hrs. Let me know whats up?
James Young

Jamie Young
February 27, 2001, 06:43 PM
Guys there is a new get together Next month see the new thread for details!

[Edited by SodaPop on 04-28-2001 at 11:02 AM]

Mikul
March 1, 2001, 01:22 PM
How will we recognize each other?

Jamie Young
March 1, 2001, 05:16 PM
Ahh Just tell them your here for the TFL shoot. I'm probable bringing my sister to this shoot and she's never fired a gun before. So everyone is welcome and anyone can just show up. There will be a room we can hang out in. I just hope nobody other than TFLers show up that way we will have the whole place to ourselves. I hope we don't get that snow storm on sunday either.
I'll be wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with red and white stripes on the sleeves. And my TFL T-shirt and probable my hat.

Mikul
March 2, 2001, 12:46 PM
Damn family engagements. I can't make it.

K80Geoff
March 2, 2001, 06:31 PM
Any idea how many are coming?

I will try to get there by 12, if you need help getting organized.

I hope some of you TFL'ers show up after all the effort from Soda Pop and ArmySon.

ArmySon I hope you have a good time in all that warm weather :mad:

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
March 2, 2001, 10:16 PM
ArmySon thought possible up to 20 people. I've heard from about a dozen people so far and I'm pretty sure a few people are just going to show up. I really hope the Snow doesn't scare everyone away. I already talked to George Hill and he said it took them a little while to build up the Utah Gatherings. I'd like to organize an outdoor shoot at that Place Twins near Quakertown some time, in another month or two anyway. I'd like to see these Gatherings every 3 or 4 months. If we get a dozen people I'd be happy.

Dead
March 3, 2001, 08:30 AM
I Might be down for that Quakertown shoot.

Jamie Young
March 3, 2001, 11:57 AM
Cool Dead, Just keep checking back to the Lock and Load Forum!!

Jamie Young
April 28, 2001, 10:06 AM
Guys There is a New PA shoot in late May See the new thread for details!