PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on Pro Ears?

David Blinder
February 2, 2001, 08:49 AM
I need to buy a set of the Pro Ears Promag LE's but the going price seems to be $229. Anybody know of a better price?

Scott Evans
February 2, 2001, 10:26 AM
Here are a few links to previous discussions on this topic. Good information !
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18474
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18119
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17768

WalterGAII
February 2, 2001, 01:02 PM
I got mine at Brownell's for $149, plus $6.50 or so shipping. Set up a "trade discount" account with Brownell's online by answering the question regarding being in a business that doesn't require an FFL in the affirmative.

PeterParker
February 3, 2001, 09:03 PM
I've been in the market for muffs as well. Currently all I use are those el-cheapo in-ear foam things. Is it the general consensus that Pro-Ears are the best? The Pro-Mag Dimension 2 seem like something I'd be interested in. But $260 US? I'm willing to spend the money...but as this thread started out, where can I get a good deal? Brownells is full list price...

Georam
February 3, 2001, 09:30 PM
As Walter said either setup a trade account or find someone who has one. I just got the promag D1 I didn't know they were making a D2 yet. The promags I got cost $156.37 plus shipping. That is the best price I could find on them anywhere. The pro-slim cost $149.57. This is the first pair of electronic ear muffs I have owned and they are amazing. I never knew what I was missing not being able to hear the gun go bang and also it is kind of neet to hear what other people are saying about you.

WalterGAII
February 3, 2001, 10:23 PM
Georam: I got the Dim. 1 Pro Slims. I also really like the Pro-Ears. They have more sophisticated circuitry than do some other models. You can still hear ambient sound at the same time that you're firing.

As to getting Brownell's "trade discounts". It's pretty simple; however, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

PeterParker
February 4, 2001, 02:28 AM
You're right Walter :) After further exploration of the site I found the obvious! Now only to find out if they carry the Dimension 2 yet...or if I need to order them in.

WalterGAII
February 4, 2001, 01:44 PM
I don't see the Dim II listed on their website. I didn't need any kind of input jacks, so I went with the Dim I.

CITADELGRAD87
February 6, 2001, 03:12 PM
RE PRO EARS, I shopped around for a few weeks after getting the reccomendation here to go with Pro Ears.

Then I saw the "hint" here about the trade discount.

I just answered that particular question and saved $73.00

Thanks for the tip, they're on the way.

WalterGAII
February 6, 2001, 08:03 PM
I've also found Brownell's customer service to be the best of any company with which I've done business.

PeterParker
February 8, 2001, 02:58 PM
I just ordered the Pro Mag Dimension 2, it was $181.53, it's not listed on the webpage, but when I called customer service they said they do have it in stock. I'll second Walter, they have great customer service.