PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of all who gave their All

jspappap
May 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
I just wanted to thank all of you Veterans who have made it possible for me to lead the life I live and love. I also want to remind everyone else to kiss a Veteran today and say a Prayer for those who gave their All to protect us ALL. Do not let the Government take away our rights to own and bear arms. Nuff Said

DoubleDeuce 1
May 27, 2013, 10:42 AM
Ditto:cool:

Roshi
May 27, 2013, 10:45 AM
Amen

Rigmarol
May 27, 2013, 11:51 AM
Absolutely.
My Son (3 tours in Iraq - US Army) still can't get used to me referring to him as my Hero.

Thanks to all who served. Respect and remembrance to those who gave all.

zxcvbob
May 27, 2013, 12:02 PM
Your heart is in the right place, but there are 364 days a year to thank a veteran for his or her service. Memorial Day is not one of them. Memorial Day is for remembering the dead.

Buy him a beer and let him tell you stories about the buddy he lost.

Sorry to be a downer. Memorial Day is not Veterans' Day nor Armed Forces Day, those come later in the year. (At least conflating them isn't as bad as thinking Memorial Day just means a 3-day mattress sale extravaganza)

BirchOrr
May 27, 2013, 02:13 PM
Like!

bedbugbilly
May 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
An excellent post . . . one which should remind us all that what we have, didn't come for free. Let's all take a few minutes to say a prayer for those who paid the ultimate price for the rest of us . . . and while you're at it, say a prayer for those still in harm's way and their families. And even though this is a special day for those that paid the ultimate price . . . remember the Vets as well. Many will pay a price the rest of their lives for what they had to experience.

Duane . . . may you know the eternal peace you so greatly deserve . . . you are in the thoughts and prayers of many and we will not forget. "Rest weary soldier . . . thou weary march is over". (KIA 7/3/1969)

vytoland
May 27, 2013, 09:39 PM
Memorial Day....for ALL those in the forces, who never made it back.:(

may ALL the rest come home soon and forever..:)