PDA

View Full Version : Remington Percussion Cap Availability?

straightcut
May 10, 2013, 11:56 AM
I'd like to purchase some #10 Remington percussion caps, but can't seem to find any. I was hoping to purchase from Cabella's as they have a local store, so I was hoping to avoid the hazmat fee. Recently, they were listed on their website (but out of stock), now they've been removed altogether. I called and was told they were looking for a new supplier, so it may be a while. I checked with the only local supplier of black powder and they don't carry Remington percussion caps. Could I get some recommendations for where I might find these?

Thanks in advance!

kwhi43
May 10, 2013, 01:00 PM
I think muzzleloaders are on the bottom of all this shortage mess. It might be a good long while before they will be making anymore caps. I talked to my
supplier who buys 100,000 at a time and he don't have any and won't for
the National shoot at Friendship next month. I been saying for two months
now, if you want to keep shooting, better get a Flintlock.

straightcut
May 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
I have a flintlock, but flint doesn't work on my percussion revolvers! :D

springfield 720
May 10, 2013, 03:46 PM
I can get CCI's all day

kwhi43
May 10, 2013, 04:22 PM
How much and how many are availability .

TomADC
May 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
Straight cut you plan on visiting San Diego anytime soon?

straightcut
May 12, 2013, 12:49 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have plans to visit San Diego. Do you know of a place with them on the shelf?

I can't remember the website, but saw a muzzleloading supply website with CCI percussion caps #10 & #11 for $9/100! :eek:

Hopefully, I can find some Remington #10's for less than that!

TomADC
May 12, 2013, 02:33 PM
I asked because I have some, but can't ship, we may be coming over to Surprise to visit some friends and make a Cabelas run if we do I'll PM you.

straightcut
May 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks very much! I'll pm you my e-mail address and phone number in case you visit. I'll do whatever it takes to meet including drive to Surprise.

Thanks again.

TomADC
May 13, 2013, 02:24 PM
Got it will let you know I'm sure we are going over. Maybe meet at Cabela's.