PDA

View Full Version : Finally got back to the range

PaultheWall
April 23, 2013, 01:46 PM
Due to a broken foot and work, I have not been able to get to the range since last August. Finally was able to get out for an hour today and make some smoke with my Pietta New Army Remington. I was using homemade cartridges filled with 19 grains of Goex 3F topped by a .454 round ball.

I was a little rusty but was able to get on paper and my last 6 shots were zeroed in.

All shots were from 25 yards out.

Great to get back to the range. Hopefully I will be back real soon!

Doc Hoy
April 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
Nice you could get out and do some shooting.

Sure Shot Mc Gee
April 23, 2013, 02:35 PM
Due to a broken foot and work, Good for you. Well over due for a good time with your New Army don't you think.. I don't shoot C/B pistol myself. But I do enjoy a good day at the range however. Target comment: Nice shooting for being away from practicing for the last 8 months.Your still on paper no doubt_:cool:

S/S

PaultheWall
April 23, 2013, 04:46 PM
I appreciate the kind words. Yes, all shots were on paper. She was shooting a little low which is typical for this pistol and load. Took me a while to zero in once I knocked the rust off. Pre-made cartridges worked great - even though they were 9 months old - not a single hang fire. And they really speed up the loading process.

BirchOrr
April 23, 2013, 05:54 PM
Glad you were able to get back out!

:D

Birch