PDA

View Full Version : Richland Arms maker?

Willie Sutton
March 9, 2013, 11:23 PM
Dragged out a pair of my favorites today to compare them to the newly arrived quad of 1960 Centennials, a matched pair of 1860 Army copies imported by Richland Arms. Uniquely in my collection or Italians, the tops of the BBLs are marked with the "Address Saml Colt, New York" markings, as are th originals and 2nd generation ones. These are a pair of the nicest copies I have ever seen, with great wood, beautiful metal, and excellent finish. Italian proofs but no makers marks other than the Richland marks on the right side of the BBl.

So, who among the usual Italian suspects made these?

Willie

Doc Hoy
March 10, 2013, 05:29 AM
Didn't know that Richland Arms imported from ASM, but aren't these the offending Patent infringement versions, ASM got into trouble for?

Hawg
March 10, 2013, 07:43 AM
ASM subcontracted to make barrels for the second gens and got stuck with a bunch of them and used them on their own guns until Colt sued them.

Willie Sutton
March 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
So can we safely assume that this pair is of ASM manufacture "lock, stock, and barrel"?

The fit, finish, wood, and all of the overall quality marks are right there with the 2nd gen colts, and a cut above the Uberti stuff by a very wide margin.

Willie

Hawg
March 10, 2013, 11:58 AM
The problem with ASM's was soft internal parts that wore quickly but not all of them had soft parts. It was hit or miss as to whether you got a good one or not.