PDA

View Full Version : Range time

BirchOrr
March 7, 2013, 07:18 PM
Got range time in today tweaking my ROA. I'm getting there.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s650/BirchOrr/ROAtarget_zps5703d7f1.jpg

:D

Birch

TomADC
March 7, 2013, 07:48 PM
Not to shabby, some of the holes look like wadcutters, nice!

kwhi43
March 7, 2013, 09:07 PM
Why are there 6 holes??? You didn't load six I hope:eek:

BirchOrr
March 7, 2013, 09:17 PM
@ home I do indeed do that. Ever looking for that cylinder that shoots a "flyer". :D Looks like #1 might be it. If this is indeed confirmed, I'll take the nipple out so it won't be loaded, easy to identify and never to be fired again.

Birch

woodnbow
March 7, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hmmm, I always load six, the ruger has safety notches and I use them, the Colts have safety pins and I use them.

BirchOrr
March 7, 2013, 10:24 PM
Yep, I understand and do that.

However, some of us here shoot competition and it is not allowed to load 6 for numerous reasons mainly, safety. We find that cylinder that shoots a "flyer" and don't shoot that one including taking the nipple out and resting the hammer on that cylinder.

I'm just now getting the bugs worked out of this new unfired ROA. Not quite there yet, close though. In slow-fire competition, (1 hand, 25 & 50 yards) some guys load one cylinder that shoots the best, and take 45 minutes between shots. Perfectly legal. This explanation is only to clear up why ([email protected]) questioned the reason I loaded all 6.

Birch

woodnbow
March 7, 2013, 10:57 PM
roger that, crystal clear now... I'm thinking in terms of rabbit hunting and plinking. You guys are slightly more focused... :D

kwhi43
March 7, 2013, 11:19 PM
Just giving you a hard time. I used to load only one chamber in matches
I did this way for over 40 yrs. But two years ago at Friendship in the timed
fire revolver match, I almost ran out of time:eek: So at my age "70" I guess
I'm getting slow so now I load five chambers. Timed fire in revolver matches
is 10 min for 10 shots.

44 Dave
March 7, 2013, 11:58 PM
If I am going to shoot bp for my own fun and go through the loading sequence I am going to load 6 and use the safeties between chambers. If I am shooting competition you have to use their rules.
Those "cartridge" guys have good reasons.

BirchOrr
March 8, 2013, 12:26 PM
I'm thinking in terms of rabbit hunting and plinking.

Indeed we do that too! I have more fun knowing my gear is in perfect working order and is accurate. Then if I miss, I know it's me. :D Getting that perfect formula down for a BP firearm is the biggest part of the fun.

[email protected] I hope I'm still shootin at 70! :D

44 Dave Indeed the rules are there for very good reasons!

Birch