PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new gun fanatic, new to the forum & I need some help.

Endlessendevours
March 4, 2013, 10:33 AM
I have always owned guns but after my recent costumizing of my Ruger 10/.22 I have become fully addicted to any and all. I have a few shotguns but two that I want to do a little work to and I'm turning to you more experienced guys for some help.

I have an old Revelation 12 gauge that was given to me years ago. It has a pistol grip and the barrel has been cut. I am going to disassemble it and repaint it. I would like to add a pictanny rail to the sliding foregrip to add the chainsaw grip. But I haven't been able to find where I could find the chainsaw handle. Could anyone tell me where to look?

Also, I have a Mossberg 835 pump that I took in on a partial trade several years ago. It was pretty rough so I stripped it and did a camo job on it myself. I want to dissassemble it and turn it into a "tactical look" home defense gun. I want to add an extended magazine, full top rail light, collapsable & foldable stock. However, I have read where everything from the Mossberg 500 would fit such as the stock but I've also read where it wouldn't. Any help here?

Thanks for any and all help. I will post pictures as soon as my projects get rolling. I work in Texas in the oilfield two weeks at a time but as soon as I get home I will begin and I can't wait.

Jr.

dgludwig
March 6, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm afraid you had me at the chainsaw handle juncture. Maybe you should try Staples. :eek:

Welcome to TFL.

BigD_in_FL
March 6, 2013, 08:02 PM
to the sliding foregrip to add the chainsaw grip.

Really????........:rolleyes:

What is wrong with the original grip?

nanewt02
March 8, 2013, 02:38 PM
Il look later for the mossberg chainsaw grips, if you want to pm me, I have a couple ideas you may like, lol regarding staples, but hey, the man has a job, guns, and wants to work on them, got my support regardless

PetahW
March 9, 2013, 09:58 AM
http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/MB50460.JPG

. :p

Endlessendevours
March 10, 2013, 05:13 AM
I reckon I'm in the wrong for wanting to do something that I find that I like.

Corrections Cop
March 10, 2013, 08:40 AM
Their are lots of traditionalists here on this forum. I say its your gun do what you want. I think its a cool idea.

Endlessendevours
March 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
I agree. Thats my thought as well, I was just looking for a little help.

PetahW
March 10, 2013, 11:05 AM
Google might (help) - (google: "tactical shotgun conversion")

g.willikers
March 10, 2013, 01:08 PM
Go for it.
It's no more suspect than the .22 Gatlin I want to build.
Or those ARs that are loaded up with everything but the kitchen sink.
Enjoy.

4V50 Gary
March 10, 2013, 08:00 PM
Pay the $200 AOW stamp and shorten the barrel and mount it beneath an AR.;)