PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using 41 mags for CCW or open carry?

Glamdring
December 16, 2000, 11:34 AM
If so do you use a Taurus or *&* or ?

J. Parker
December 16, 2000, 01:15 PM
I've got a S&W mod 657 6" 41 magnum that I carry openly in the woods or while camping but don't carry one concealed. Best, J. Parker

Mike Irwin
December 16, 2000, 01:59 PM
I've got an older S&W Model 58 that I would use, but I don't have a shoulder holster for it.

Jay Baker
December 16, 2000, 05:37 PM
I'm about the same as J. Parker, other than mine's a Mdl. 57, 6", and I usually carry it in a shoulder holster as it keeps it out of the way while doing camp chores.

I carry a Colt's .45 Lightweight Commander concealed, in town.

J.B.

WESHOOT2
December 16, 2000, 06:22 PM
Rarely (only three speedloaders) wear my 5.5" 41 Redhawk.

256M-S
December 17, 2000, 04:04 PM
Glamdring:

I like the S&W 58's as a CC revolver and I'm right partial to a pair with the grips semi-birdsheaded, hammers dehorned, black parkerized finishes and some other very minor modifications. Personally, I don't much care for the Taurus based on rather superficial observation of accuracy and quality control--or lack thereof to be more precise.

My only complaint with the calibre is that I would like a more effective factory load than the SilverTips (i.e. a 200-210gr cast lead SWC at 1000 fps)without going to the full house loads which I consider better for deer sized critters.

Generally use a Null Gibraltar or Kramer rig though I think the latter is too heavy and bulky to be optimal for concealed carry though not a problem in the field. Occasionally carry one in the field in one of Galco's pouch shoulder rigs or a cordura tanker-type shoulder rig.

Bill in NM
December 17, 2000, 11:03 PM
While I don't carry CCW (our communistic state feels it would be a threat), I do enjoy taking the ol' Ruger Blackhawk out and blasting for fun. Ammo's expensive though.
Bill

Erich
December 18, 2000, 10:39 AM
but I'm with Bill. My 4 5/8" Blackhawk looks real nice in my western-style rig. It's nice for those summer hikes when the bears are down around the house.