PDA

View Full Version : Pony Express Trail Field Report

Caeca Invidia Es
December 9, 2000, 07:46 PM
Ok, the "Safe Zone" signs were put there by the BLM. From what I saw, it looks like they have turned it into an ATV fun area. Even if they didn't have the signs, I wouldn't feel safe shooting around there now. We headed past all that mess, down to the PET monument and took a left. Travelled a few miles away from the road and found a nice area. Has a gradual downhill slope for around 200 yards, then a nice sized hill at the end of it. We took a walk over the hill and saw nothing for miles. No roads, no ATV trails, nothing. We stayed there and did our shooting. Other then a few ejection failures on my 10/22 and it being a little cold it was a perfect day. I think my aim with the USP is finally starting to noticably improve, but I'll need a target other then a can to find out for sure.

On a side note I'm going to call the BLM on Monday and see if I can find out exactly how much of the area they have claimed as off-limits to us.

George Hill
December 9, 2000, 08:05 PM
Let some Hoppes #9 soak the chamber really good... Take a patch, soak it and let it sit in the chamber for awhile...
The brush it out really good and then clean as usual.

There is another good spot to go shoot at... We just have to find it.

But, uh, You having Rabbit stew tonight?

Caeca Invidia Es
December 9, 2000, 08:26 PM
I think the ejection problem came from a bad batch of ammo, the problem was only there with one of the boxes, the rest of it was fine. I didn't see any bunnies at all out there, probably had something to do with us not wandering around too much :)