PDA

View Full Version : Utah TFL range closed

skyder
December 8, 2000, 04:48 PM
Hi George and all
I just got back from a trip out to the TFL shooting area west of Lehi. There are now yellow signs all over the place that proclaim the area a safety zone and ban shooting.
It is still possible to go about 4-5 miles past the place we used and find a place to shoot. Just go until the yellow signs end and look for the next road south. GPS location available if you want it.
How do you know if you have passed the last sign? Just watch down in the grass. Someone mashed it down, post and all. NOT ME! (although I did think about doing the rest of them)
Crummy pic (.jpg) of yellow sign available if requested.
See ya at the gunshow if you make it.

Ding
December 8, 2000, 05:00 PM
Do those signs look official? It's possible that some anti-gunner printed a couple up on his home printer and drove around in the desert, sticking them into the ground.

Caeca Invidia Es
December 8, 2000, 06:32 PM
BUT THAT IS MY HUNTING AREA!!!!!!! <sigh> I'll get to the bottom of this tomarrow.

skyder
December 8, 2000, 06:52 PM
I think they are some kind of official. Plastic signs on metal posts with guvmint wording.
There are more of them to the north side of the road, starting at the OHV area (a worthy place to put such signs)and going west several miles. The south side of the road they are posted for about 6 miles then I couldn't see more of them. That puts you almost into the hilly area that goes over to Faust.
The screws tighten...

Caeca Invidia Es
December 8, 2000, 07:16 PM
Well....... If all the bunnies hide, I guess I can hunt yellow signs then. :)

George Hill
December 9, 2000, 02:08 PM
Who do I have to kill? Who is responsable for this?

hmmm... Thinking about it... that area is less than idea for serious shooting - with those roads crossing the impact zone... it was a little sketchy... A better area would have a back drop of some sort.
We need to find such an area.
And keep it cleaned up nice with a little sign:
"This area maintained by volunteers from the Utah Chapter of TheFiringLine.com
Please pack out what you pack in, thank you."

Of course it would be less than a week before someone shoots the sign... thats okay... we'll put up another one.

Hey - we have a new member that lives close by to that area - ColdHeartedNinny. If Cold could scout that area for a suitable shooting area - back drop of a mountain side with a pointed lack of 4X4 trails... That would be great.

Caeca Invidia Es
December 9, 2000, 02:11 PM
I'm heading out there right now, I'll find us a good spot even if it takes all weekend.