PDA

View Full Version : Firearms articles on Facebook

HeadHunter
May 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
Since I write for several different firearms publications, several people commented that they would like to see a collection of my articles in one place.

So, I've created a Facebook page for my work as an Author relating to Firearms, mostly training and technique.
https://www.facebook.com/ATLFirearms

There are articles from Concealed Carry Magazine, the IDPA Journal, Personal Defense Network, Atlanta Firearms Examiner and videos I've created. My Protecting Your Family presentation that I gave at last year's Rangemaster Tactical Conference and GeorgiaCarry Convention is one of the videos.

If you Like the page, you'll know whenever new articles are posted.

PawPaw
June 1, 2012, 11:56 AM
The only problem with that is that is that I don't Facebook. I'm sure that they're great articles and videos, but I'll never see them. I don't Facebook.

UtopiaTexasG19
June 1, 2012, 01:00 PM
I applaude you for taking the time to write the articles but I also don't do Facebook. I used to belong but started getting all kinds of spam email and advertising on my computer screen that was totally annoying. Once I quit Facebook all the cr*p started to dissapear within two weeks. :)

Mrgunsngear
June 1, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks for consolidating all of that information.

Airborne!

dayman
June 2, 2012, 12:53 PM
You can change the settings so they don't email you. I get 0 facebook related emails a day. But, if you don't like the program, more power to you. I don't mind it, but I do refuse to carry a cell phone, so I'm with you on the weird technological dislikes.
I'm enjoying the page. The dioramas in particular.

shanzlik
June 2, 2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks, Claude.

Like many here, I don't do the real facebook thing, but I do have a throwaway account under a handle instead of my real name so I can read links like Claude posted. I don't post anything to the profile or messages or anything like that. Just a suggestion for those who don't really want to do the whole facebook thing.

HeadHunter
June 2, 2012, 11:34 PM
Well, I guess I will just have to go back to blogging also.

http://takingcareofyourself-headhunter.blogspot.com/

Ruthless4christ
June 2, 2012, 11:47 PM
I DO facebook, and have liked your page! keep up the good work, in the constant fight to keep facebook an open minded community where people can learn!