PDA

View Full Version : Midsouth Institute of Self-Defense (www.weaponstraining.com)

benzh
December 3, 2000, 08:38 PM
I have trained a lot at Midsouth Institute of Self-Defense (www.weaponstraining.com) located in Lake Cormorant, Ms (about 20 minutes south of Memphis, TN). It is a very special place.

There are over 25 ranges (and another couple being built as of now). There are probably over 200 reactionary steel targets located on the ranges. Many are Air operated. The carbine rifle range provides multi-angled shooting from 50-200 yards with over 25 steel targets to engage. The cool thing is that even the 200 yard targets reset in less than 30 seconds!

The facilities are second to none. However, the instruction is some of the best I have experienced. Ross Sanders is the RangeMaster and Chief Instructor. He has an unique ability to demonstrate the skills he will impart on you AND can explain these skills and methods to you. He is an outstanding, humble and extremely capable instructor and shooter. He also make the classes enjoyable, yet serious. You will be a better shooter after receiving his instruction.

I've rambled a bit, but MidSouth is the Heat. Check out their web site ( http://www.weaponstraining.com ) for video clips and articles that have been written on them. Also, feel free to ask any follow up questions.....

Howard Benz
Memphis, TN

George Hill
December 5, 2000, 07:04 PM
Ah yes - How did I miss this thread?
I've been to Midsouth too - Its a good place, with good people.
This school however gets very little mention anywhere...
Kinda odd that...

benzh
December 5, 2000, 07:56 PM
George,
When have you been there and what courses did you take? Ross is improving the facilities with yet another steel range (rifle),

Howard

George Hill
December 6, 2000, 05:37 PM
I went there for just one day... this was about 6 years ago, I think.