PDA

View Full Version : Uberti 1866 Yellowboy

Ned Roundtree
November 21, 2000, 09:44 AM
Couldn't stand it no more. Traded in one on my conceal carry guns for a cowboy toy. 20" octagon barrel, brass receiver and beautiful wood. Holds ten in the magazine, which is good for our matches. The sights aren't the best. But a cowboy shooting I will go!! Anyone one else got this rifle?

Joey
November 23, 2000, 09:41 PM
We have a Cinamaron Yellowboy rifle and I'm in love with it!!!

Without a doubt it's my favorite CAS rifle. Now to get the carbine version for Dusty cuz she thinks the rifle is a tad heavy.

Ned Roundtree
November 23, 2000, 11:19 PM
With brass receiver it is a tad on heavier side. The carbine is 19" and I don't think that much lighter actually. The Mrs. shoots a Navy Arms 92 carbine, stainless with 16" round barrel. It is much lighter than the Yellowboy and almost as good looking.

Bill Mitchell
November 24, 2000, 07:40 PM
Howdy Ned,

Admittedly, a '73 or '66 Short Rifle is my dream gun. I really like the looks of them, and either of these rifles with a decent action job is smoother than anything out there, by a long shot. I saw in the latest Guns and Ammo that Navy Arms is coming out with a Deluxe Border Rifle that has a checkered,pistol grip stock-very cool! As far as the sights, the '73s come with semi-buckhorn sights, which would be real familiar to someone who shoots a Marlin, like me. I think the '66 comes with the flip up ladder sight, doesn't it? Is it one of those flat blade type rear sights like the Rossi's have, or a buckhorn? Now, if I sell my '97 and my Rossi 92, and add that to some cash, then maybe I could afford one of those. But I really want one of those rifles. :)

Bellicose Bill

Ned Roundtree
November 25, 2000, 10:32 PM
Well, I'm very lucky to have a nice battery of rifles. With wife and her sis shooting, I have to have at least three, but keep four. Experience has taught me to have a back up rifle. So I decided, no two would be alike. 94 Marlin Cowboy rifle-presently my sis-n-law is shooting. 1873 Winchester, border model by Uberti, 20" octagon barrel, beautiful wood. Semi-buckhorn rear sights. This is MY main gun. Navy Arms 92 rifle, stainless 16" barrel round. Tall buckhorn rear and nice bead on front.The Mrs. likes the shorter barrel and this is her rifle. The 1866 Yellowboy is a back up rifle for now. You are correct about the rear ladder type rear sight. The rifles they are making now are such beautiful repo's it is hard to decide which one to use. My sis-n-law had a 92 Rossi. But once she tried the Marlin, I have never gotten it back....:rolleyes:..but it is nice having the wife and her sister take an interest in the sport also. That's how I lost my IGA sxs to them...but that's a different story...........

jimmytheshank
August 16, 2011, 02:36 PM
I have a 66' Trapper carbine. Shot it a few times. Mostly use it as a display piece for the Texas Rangers living history group I'm with. It's a beauty, but I've been trying to trade it for a Model 73',which is more historically accurate for the Texas Rangers.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/jimmytheshank/moto_0198.jpg

Daggitt
August 16, 2011, 10:40 PM
You realize you responded to a thread from 2000 , nearly eleven years ago? Not sure previous poster is still alive even.

SouthGA
August 20, 2011, 01:39 PM
lol

Just proves that these old cowboy guns keep coming back.

Myself, I have a pair of Beretta Ubertti Renegade 1873 in 357 mag.

American Eagle
August 20, 2011, 05:44 PM
Nothing wrong with reviving an old thread ;)