PDA

View Full Version : Norway shooting

TheMacMocek
July 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
Has any of the gungrabbers used the Norway killing against our freedoms yet?

Sefner
July 25, 2011, 10:05 PM
Yep.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8276993/shooting-should-force-gun-law-change-brown

Patriot86
July 25, 2011, 10:21 PM
I can't find the exact article, but according to his Manifesto he traveled to the Czec republic and purchased a fully automatic AK-47 then drove back to Norway. As far as I know here in the states at least you cannot drive to any country that will sell you an AK-47 legally....

Nico Testosteros
July 25, 2011, 10:34 PM
No, they hasn't.

Carry_24/7
July 25, 2011, 10:39 PM
The "Greens" leader in Australia has no jurisdiction in the USA. So, to answer the OPs question; no.

Lawyer Daggit
July 25, 2011, 10:46 PM
The Greens are a small party in Australia that survive only because of our crazy preferential voting system. At the moment they have more influence than they deserve because they are working with a minority government. (and are destroying our economy by forcing carbon tax upon us).

The Greens would love nothing more than disarming everyone.

We have had stringent gun laws for 10 years and they have had no effect upon crime rates.

Sadly I do not think there is anything anyone can do to stop the occasional lunatic OTHER THAN to deny these events all media attention, thus denying the perp the attention they crave and discouraging copy cats.

TheMacMocek
July 26, 2011, 12:51 AM
Well I was watching "the five" today on fox news channel and some old guy on the show claimed that the whole thing happened because of norways leanient gun laws and that ours were even more leanient. Then he muttered "I don't think we should have guns at all" but a lady in the discussion quickly changed the subject. That's what gave me the idea for the post.

TheMacMocek
July 26, 2011, 12:53 AM
Patriot86 are machineguns legal in the Czech republic?

Tom Servo
July 26, 2011, 01:07 AM
I can't find the exact article, but according to his Manifesto he traveled to the Czec republic and purchased a fully automatic AK-47 then drove back to Norway.
Not true. This was his recollection:

So only one thing remains; I need to find my weapons connection within 4 days…! I failed miserably yesterday; I went to two brothels and a couple of clubs. The people I approached got really nervous and thought I was either a cop or completely nuts, lol. I have had to refine my approach pitch. It started off really bad. Whatever you do when trying to establish a gun connection, never be too direct.

This city doesn’t seem dangerous at all btw. I have no idea why that BBC documentary would present such incorrect information. In fact, I feel even safer here than back in Oslo. (…) I realize now that Prague is far from the ideal city when looking to buy arms.
Based on a BBC documentary, the guy did some googling, and he figured that hard-core drug dealers would just be looking for geeky foreigners to sell guns to. Somehow, I think that if he'd actually encountered real drug traffickers with real connections on the weapons market, he wouldn't have survived the experience.

So, he went back to Oslo and jumped through the hoops he needed to in order to get a Glock 17 and a Ruger Mini-14, which he named Gungnir. Gungnir means "spear of Odin."

The rest of the gear he's pictured with was procured over the internet. He even got one of those pistol bayonets. He tried to get a silencer (legal in Norway), but the initial buy fell through, after which he decided that he'd use a bayonet on the rifle. His reason for doing so is especially tactless, but the whole inventory starts around page 1410 of his little manifesto (parts of which were plagiarized from Kaczynski's manifesto. (http://tinyurl.com/3daucvm))

The Brady Campaign was quick to jump on the issue, but I've heard nary a whisper of anything else domestically. I doubt we will.

Glenn E. Meyer
July 26, 2011, 09:33 AM
We already have one Norway thread running.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457616

Unless we have actual proposed legislation we don't need an idle speculation in L and CR.

Closed.