PDA

View Full Version : Remington LT-20 stock removal

Sea Buck
July 15, 2011, 10:12 AM
I have a Special Field LT-20 and need to change to a youth stock, as my LOP has changed with age. I have not looked at it but I understand that there is a nut that needs to be removed for the stock to slide off. Can you help me out with this as to what I will need to get the job done.Thanks.

GURU1911
July 15, 2011, 10:22 AM
Very easy to do:

1. Remove recoil pad / buttplate with phillips head screwdriver. If a rubber recoil pad, smear a dab of soap on the tip & lower shaft of the screwdriver. Locate the holes in the pad & insert tip of driver into the hole. Push inward until you feel the tip of the driver contact the screwhead. Turn driver to the left & pad will begin to lift off the stock,.

2. Remove pad & look inside the buttstock "draw bolt hole" with a strong light. You will see the end of the draw bolt. It typically is a slotted head or hex bolt.

3. Turn it to the left until completely free & then gently pull the buttstock from the end of the receiver.

4. To tinstall, do the reverse of the above instructions.

Guru1911

Sea Buck
July 21, 2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks,Guru1911.(1911A1 Commercial:1953:my constant companion). That looks sinple enough(KISS). I have all the necessary tools at hand.