PDA

View Full Version : Hold / grip question

C0untZer0
May 20, 2011, 08:04 AM
For handguns that have a flashlight or laser attached under the frame/slide - just forward of the trigger gaurd, is there a hold for that? Like using your left hand to grip the flashlight / laser the same way you would use your left hand to hold / support the fore stock of a carbine for instance?

irish52084
May 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
I don't change my grip at all when my light is attached. I don't rest a finger on the trigger guard, like some people do, so maybe I just never noticed the problem.

Are you thinking of the laser/light as a way to extend your grip and apply more surface area to the gun and getting better control? Seems like theoretically it could work that way, but you have to be very diligent where your forward fingers are so as not to shoot them off, especially on a short gun.

C0untZer0
May 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
Are you thinking of the laser/light as a way to extend your grip and apply more surface area to the gun and getting better control?

Ya, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

This would be a Glock 17L. Fairly long frame under the side, and the slide extends even further, it's a 6" barrel, and actually I want to get an 8" barrel for it if I can.

AK103K
May 20, 2011, 10:48 AM
I use a thumbs forward grip, and find it works perfectly with my light mounted on my SIG Mosquito (its my late night critter gun), and the other pistols Ive had it on. My left thumb is right there where the momentary switch is, and its easily activated.

irish52084
May 20, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ok, now I see where you're going with this idea and I kind of like it. You'll have to experiment with it and see what results you get. I don't have a longslide to experiment with or I would this Saturday.

I worked on making a home range for some people and now I get the chance to go out there and practice a lot of things most ranges won't allow, like, rapid fire, drawing, competition/defense style stuff. I have really enjoyed it.